Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Mass Effect 3

Game » consists of 19 releases. Released Mar 06, 2012

When Earth begins to fall in an ancient cycle of destruction, Commander Shepard must unite the forces of the galaxy to stop the Reapers in the final chapter of the original Mass Effect trilogy.

Ending predicted? (spoilers)

SavageManLove

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By SavageManLove

http://social.bioware.com/forum/1/topic/105/index/970146/1

Thread from 2 years ago. Check post 6.

Exactly. There are two endings I wouldn't like for ME 3. One being a random GOD LIKE force that saves the Galaxy or another being that to defeat the Reapers, everyone has to become a primitivst and destroy the Relays, Citadel, etc. Both would make me pretty unhappy as those endings have been done to death.

Kotaku also has a story about it:

http://kotaku.com/5897486/was-the-ending-of-mass-effect-3-telegraphed-five-years-ago

As Commander Shepard explores the galaxy in Mass Effect and Mass Effect 2, s/he comes upon a great many individual planets. Most of these worlds sport thorough descriptions not only of their physical characteristics and mineral compositions, but also of their history or cultural relevance. The first game's codex entry for the otherwise unremarkable planet of Klencory (Newton system, Kepler Verge) describes a crackpot volus who might have been a bit of a prophet after all:

Klencory is famously claimed by the eccentric volus billionaire Kumun Shol. He claims that a vision of a higher being told him to seek on Klencory the "lost crypts of beings of light." These entities were supposedly created at the dawn of time to protect organic life from synthetic "machine devils."

Shol has been excavating on Klencory's toxic surface for two decades, at great expense. No government has valued the world enough to evict his small army of mercenaries.

zero_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 6

#2  Edited By zero_

Yeah this was pretty funny. The interesting thing is that it was all started from the Codex entry on some planet..

SavageManLove

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By SavageManLove

@Zero_ said:

Yeah this was pretty funny. The interesting thing is that it was all started from the Codex entry on some planet..

...and I never read those things. Goddamn. Been wanting to replay the series over this summer, I may actually read all of that stuff this time lol. Crazy.

TheHT

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

#4  Edited By TheHT

Hah! That's awesome! The Kumun Shol stuff.

Klencory is famously claimed by the eccentric volus billionaire Kumun Shol. His once-ridiculed visions of "beings of light" protecting organic life from synthetic "machine devils" don't seem quite so far-fetched now. His private army of mercenaries are well-established on the planet, waiting for husks to come knocking in on their door. In all likelihood, they will be obliterated by the molten metal of a Reaper orbital bombardment, on its way to somewhere important.

Wait a minute... can anyone confirm this is what it says in the game? Worded strangely.

Dezztroy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By Dezztroy

No, the ME3 ending was not predicted in ME1. The ME3 ending we have was written months ago after the old one was scrapped.

SavageManLove

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By SavageManLove

@TheHT said:

Klencory is famously claimed by the eccentric volus billionaire Kumun Shol. His once-ridiculed visions of "beings of light" protecting organic life from synthetic "machine devils" don't seem quite so far-fetched now. His private army of mercenaries are well-established on the planet, waiting for husks to come knocking in on their door. In all likelihood, they will be obliterated by the molten metal of a Reaper orbital bombardment, on its way to somewhere important.

Wait a minute... can anyone confirm this is what it says in the game? Worded strangely.

Just fired up the game and checked. Yeah it's there and accurate. Just exactly who are these "beings of light" protecting organic life.

xyzygy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#7  Edited By xyzygy
    @Dezztroy said:

No, the ME3 ending was not predicted in ME1. The ME3 ending we have was written months ago after the old one was scrapped.

This. Karpyshyn had a different ending that tied into Dark Energy. He left, and they changed it.
    N7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 2

#8  Edited By N7

It's an easy guess for certain. As the dude says, this type of thing has been done to death. So take the ending of Mass Effect 1 and you see, oh, you are able to make some sort of sacrifices in order to save other lives. Maybe he put two and two together to think that "What if this happens later on, and they have to sacrifice the Citadel and Relays?"

The Mass Relay's are what makes space travel so wide-versed in the first place. It's the obvious target. And the Citadel has been this almost royal place of Galactic diversity, so it's a pretty obvious target too.

TheHT

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

#9  Edited By TheHT

@SavageManLove said:

@TheHT said:

Just fired up the game and checked. Yeah it's there and accurate. Just exactly who are these "beings of light" protecting organic life.

That's crazy. Does that mean there are other pre-Reaper AIs on that planet? Or is it just one of the other places the Catalyst is referring to when it says the Citadel is only a part of it. After all, it appears as a being of light (holographic) and its explicit purpose is protecting organic life.

The DLC needs to take us to that planet to find that shit, or at least talk to the volus.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.