Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Mass Effect 3

Game » consists of 19 releases. Released Mar 06, 2012

When Earth begins to fall in an ancient cycle of destruction, Commander Shepard must unite the forces of the galaxy to stop the Reapers in the final chapter of the original Mass Effect trilogy.

Mass Effect 3 Demo out 02/14 + Kinect trailer

Dany

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 4

#1  Edited By Dany

Instead of today, as many assumed it will be out on Valentines day, so a month away. :( Along with that, they have a new trailer showing off the kinect features

It works! I really like how...well, simply the entire feature is, you just say it without having to go over to the radial menus. I don't have a kinect but damn...I kind of want one more now.

bassman2112

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 23

User Lists: 12

#2  Edited By bassman2112

Video is down =(

MEATBALL

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

#3  Edited By MEATBALL

The idea that using Kinect to examine or bypass something instead of just instantly pressing the a button without a thought is really dumb. I can imagine squad voice commands coming in handy, though.

isomeri

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 26

#4  Edited By isomeri

The Kinect integration frankly looks dumb. I could see it being useful with squad and power commands, but I still don't want to be screaming to my TV. I find that hearing the sound of my own voice really takes away from the immersion. Looking forward to the beta though.

WickedCobra03

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 8

#5  Edited By WickedCobra03

Any game company at this point who glows praise about Kinect is nothing but a paid lie. Bioware, please bring me back some janky-ass old Mass Effect 1 and stop n00b-ifying the stupid series to try and bring in casuals... look what you have done to Dragon Age II, please don't let ME3 go down this route.

P.S. I know its too late for them to do anything, but jesus bioware, makes games the way you used to again!

ick_bop

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#6  Edited By ick_bop

@WickedCobra03:

I dunno, saying warp sounds like more fun then stopping the action and going through a menu.

Doctorchimp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#7  Edited By Doctorchimp

@ick_bop said:

@WickedCobra03:

I dunno, saying warp sounds like more fun then stopping the action and going through a menu.

There was like 3 useful abilities in Mass Effect 2 as an adept anyway.

Warp, Singularity and Throw...

All were hot keys.

zidd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 24

#8  Edited By zidd

@Doctorchimp said:

All were hot keys.

You were missing out by not using shockwave. Singularity + Shockwave wreaks havoc on everything without armor/shields. It helped me a lot with husks on insanity. I would have to see how fast the voice commands actually work to determine whether or not I will use them.

Sooty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 3

#9  Edited By Sooty

Forever alone....not this year, I got a date with Shepard.

Well actually I have been blacking out all ME3 info, videos, screenshots and that will include this demo. I hope this game doesn't suck.

Doctorchimp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#10  Edited By Doctorchimp

@Zidd said:

@Doctorchimp said:

All were hot keys.

You were missing out by not using shockwave. Singularity + Shockwave wreaks havoc on everything without armor/shields. It helped me a lot with husks on insanity. I would have to see how fast the voice commands actually work to determine whether or not I will use them.

Unnecessary, by the time you put on singularity on those husks and get them grouped you only need Warp to cause an explosion that would kill them.

zidd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 24

#11  Edited By zidd

@Doctorchimp: but thats not nearly as spectacular as husks flying all over the place and you can use shockwave to get collector drones out of cover to finish them off before harbinger gets to em.

Dallas_Raines

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#12  Edited By Dallas_Raines

Quick saving makes the Kinect stuff awesome.

Prince_VLAD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By Prince_VLAD

the so - called "revolutionary" kinectic crap is just a ...microsoft-boggus style thing. It cost a lot and brings nothing. Do you really see yourself moving your hands until you drop dead everytime you play a game ? Will pc people abandon a mouse for playing a game? I don't think so. In my opinion , the suckers who buy it are either stupid either consoles type and with that I said it all.

jmood88

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#14  Edited By jmood88
    @WickedCobra03

Any game company at this point who glows praise about Kinect is nothing but a paid lie. Bioware, please bring me back some janky-ass old Mass Effect 1 and stop n00b-ifying the stupid series to try and bring in casuals... look what you have done to Dragon Age II, please don't let ME3 go down this route.

P.S. I know its too late for them to do anything, but jesus bioware, makes games the way you used to again!

You mean make them filled with bugs and horrible gameplay? I loved Mass Effect 1 and older Bioware games but people need to stop with these nostalgia-fueled statements that don't line up with reality.
    ProfessorEss

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

#15  Edited By ProfessorEss

I'm pretty excited to try this out. I'll agree that using Kinect to "bypass", "examine" or control the dialog wheel seems silly, but the squad commands and weapon swapping look very handy.

After seeing how well the Dance Central 2 voice controls work I'm very confident that Mass Effect's much simpler voice commands should work pretty flawlessly.

MideonNViscera

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By MideonNViscera

I dunno why you guys care that it has Kinect. Don't use it. Problem solved. You're missing virtually nothing, unlike Halo where I missed something I didn't care enough about to turn my Kinect on haha Unlike Halo, I'll give this a whirl. I love the squadmates in ME, and I'm pretty sure I yelled at them sometimes even before Kinect.

ProfessorEss

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

#18  Edited By ProfessorEss

@MideonNViscera said:

...I love the squadmates in ME, and I'm pretty sure I yelled at them sometimes even before Kinect.

Haha, I know right.

Every time I see a post like: "I don't wanna look like an idiot yelling at my television" I can't help but think "But I already look like an idiot yelling at my television even though it's not controlling anything". Maybe I'll actually feel a little less like an idiot if my yelling is actually controlling something.

I just hope the phrase: "Get the fuck back here you dummy" registers with Kinect.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.