Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Mass Effect 3

Game » consists of 19 releases. Released Mar 06, 2012

When Earth begins to fall in an ancient cycle of destruction, Commander Shepard must unite the forces of the galaxy to stop the Reapers in the final chapter of the original Mass Effect trilogy.

New Mass Effect Fan Film coming out

atregubo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By atregubo

Hey just wanted to let everyone know about what looks like an amazing fan film of Mass Effect coming out from some students at UAT. They were even able to get Mark Meer to voice one of the characters. Here is the plot:

Description
    RED SAND: A MASS EFFECT FAN FILM, starring none other than the voice of Commander Shepard himself, Mark Meer. Produced by the students and faculty of the Digital Video Program at the University of Advancing Technology in Tempe, Arizona.
    Plot Outline
    Serving as a prequel to the MASS EFFECT game series,"Red Sand" is set 35 years before the time of Commander Shepard and tells the story of the discovery of ancient ruins on Mars. Left behind by the mysterious alien race known as the Protheans, the ruins are a treasure trove of advanced technology and the powerful Element Zero, an energy source beyond humanity's wildest dreams. As the Alliance rese...arch team led by Dr. Averroes (Ayman Samman) seeks to unlock the secrets of the ruins, a band of marauders living in the deserts of Mars wants the ruins for themselves. Addicted to refined Element Zero in the form of a narcotic nicknamed "Red Sand" which gives them telekinetic "biotic" powers, these desert-dwelling terrorists will stop at nothing to control the ruins and the rich vein of Element Zero at its core. Standing between them and their goal are Colonel Jon Grissom (Mark Meer), Colonel Lily Sandhurst (Amy Searcy), and a team of Alliance soldiers tasked with defending the ruins at all costs. At stake - the future of humanity's exploration of the galaxy, and the set up for the MASS EFFECT storyline loved by millions of gamers worldwide.

https://www.facebook.com/MassEffectRedSand#!/MassEffectRedSand?sk=wall

The photos look amazing and they said the teaser trailer should be out next week.

napalm

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2  Edited By napalm
    @atregubo said:

The photos look amazing and they said the teaser trailer should be out next week.

This comment is a pretty big overstatement, but I will say, it is very cool they Mark Meer is involved.
    ll_Exile_ll

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#3  Edited By ll_Exile_ll

Seems odd to me that they would call the film Red Sand. Based one the description, it would seem that is referring to the surface of Mars, which would be fine, if not for the fact that Red Sand is a narcotic in the Mass Effect fiction that grants temporary biotic abilities while high.

napalm

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By napalm
    @ll_Exile_ll said:

Seems odd to me that they would call the film Red Sand. Based one the description, it would seem that is referring to the surface of Mars, which would be fine, if not for the fact that Red Sand is a narcotic in the Mass Effect fiction that grants temporary biotic abilities while high.

Seriously?
    EchoEcho

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By EchoEcho

@Napalm said:

@ll_Exile_ll said:

Seriously?

Yup, seriously. Was the first thing I thought of, too, before I read the full description.

napalm

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By napalm
    @EchoEcho: This obviously means this movie is a metaphor for drug abuse.
    EchoEcho

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By EchoEcho

@Napalm: I suddenly find myself more interested.

Rolyatkcinmai

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#8  Edited By Rolyatkcinmai

Are you for serious?

MooseyMcMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 13

#9  Edited By MooseyMcMan

@EchoEcho said:

@Napalm said:

@ll_Exile_ll said:

Seriously?

Yup, seriously. Was the first thing I thought of, too, before I read the full description.

Me too. Clearly the makers of this "film" are not true fans!

And if they really cared, then they would get that Dutch guy that they based default Shepard after, and then dub in Mark Meer's voice. That's what I would do.

Edit: Wait, how old is Shepard if he's in this? Or is Mark Meer not involved in how I thought he was (acting as Shepard).

Double Edit: I should have actually read the damn thing.

napalm

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By napalm
    @MooseyMcMan said:

And if they really cared, then they would get that Dutch guy that they based default Shepard after, and then dub in Mark Meer's voice. That's what I would do.

"Just flap your lips like your talking, but don't make any noises and shit come out."
    MooseyMcMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 13

#11  Edited By MooseyMcMan

@Napalm said:

@MooseyMcMan said:

"Just flap your lips like your talking, but don't make any noises and shit come out."

Hey, if dubbing over everyone was good enough for Sergio Leone, it should be good enough for these guys!

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.