Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Mass Effect 3

Game » consists of 19 releases. Released Mar 06, 2012

When Earth begins to fall in an ancient cycle of destruction, Commander Shepard must unite the forces of the galaxy to stop the Reapers in the final chapter of the original Mass Effect trilogy.

Question about importing ME2 Gamedata

Humanity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 40

User Lists: 16

#1  Edited By Humanity

I dunno if they mentioned how they're handling this but I have an issue.

I beat ME1 like three times and imported that into ME2. Had everyone survive, beat DLCs etc. Then I got a new 360 slim and when backing up all my savefiles to a USB they ironically got corrupt. So I list 3 years of gaming savefiles, literally every game save I ever had for 360. Owned by 360 engineers I guess.

So now I'm curious how ME3 handles this? I'm tempted to re-buy ME2 and play through it quick to have something to import but I'm still losing my rachni queen decision and stuff.

For those that played ME2 on PS3 how did that look like? Was there a default choice set? I really don't feel like replaying

Mr_Skeleton

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 15

#2  Edited By Mr_Skeleton

If you are willing to play it on the PC there are website dedicated to sharing saved games from ME and ME2.

Canteu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#3  Edited By Canteu

@Humanity: How ME3 handles your specific situation, or how it handles the save transfer?

One can only assume that if you don't have the save you don't get to carry anything over, regardless of how it is implemented, which will more than likely be identical to ME2.

masternater27

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By masternater27
    Humanity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By Humanity

@Canteu: Well I'm just wondering how it even works? So if I go in saying I have no previous data does that mean everyone from ME2 automatically survived and I had no love interest? I know a friend that played ME2 without any Me1 saves just didn't have a love interest and the picture on your desk had some random picture in it. Overall I didn't really get much out of importing my save file from ME1 when playing ME2 apart from using the same Shep. I literally did like EVERY quest in ME1 but so much time had passed that when people ran up to me in ME2 talking about things I did in the original I had no idea what they were talking about.

Canteu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By Canteu

@Humanity: I assume it will work the same as ME2.

The way ME2 did it was it made choices for you. I assume this is always the same set of choices since I've only played the game once.

Like, it chose to kill off the dude instead of the lady (cant remember the names)

Also, Wrex was dead in the default start, so clearly Bioware have no idea what their audience likes.

I can only assume some people would be dead from the final encounter. They probably won't give you the perfect ending from the default start.

DrSpaceman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By DrSpaceman

For ME2 on PS3 they have a little cartoon in the begining that goes through the story of ME1 and at points you choose love interest, saving the qween ect. all the big choices. The stuff you'll miss is just the small things like the autograph guy ect.

Humanity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By Humanity

@DrSpaceman: that sounds ideal really. - I wish they did that for all versions in ME3 so I can just check off all the stuff I did.

: thats awful, Wrex was cool. Although all the old characters acted like little shits in ME2. I rolled with Kaiden all the time in ME1 because biotics were so powerful in that game. Him and Wrex - initially I had Tali and then I realized all her powers were kinda worthless to me and I'd much rather be force pushing people against ceilings and shit. So then ME2 rolls round and all these people are like "yo man you're with Cerberus I'm not joining you" like what the fuck, we went through some profound shit in the last game ughh.

AngelN7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#9  Edited By AngelN7

@Canteu said:

@Humanity: I assume it will work the same as ME2.

The way ME2 did it was it made choices for you. I assume this is always the same set of choices since I've only played the game once.

Like, it chose to kill off the dude instead of the lady (cant remember the names)

Also, Wrex was dead in the default start, so clearly Bioware have no idea what their audience likes.

I can only assume some people would be dead from the final encounter. They probably won't give you the perfect ending from the default start.

Wrex is dead by default because Ashley Kills him If you can't convince him or Kill him yourself, the council is also dead if you pick the "neutral" option wich says focus fire on Sovergein rather than just "let the council die", I think that's how they establish the "canon" and by canon I mean the default choices for those who do no import data from any of the games.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.