Tali, I know You're Out There

#1 Posted by killacam (1284 posts) -

So i just got to rannoch, and even though i saved all my members in the suicide mission tali is nowhere to be seen. this is not skyrim, this is a character-driven game and this bug is inexcusable. a character i've spent two games getting to know has just... ceased existing. on top of this, kasumi won't show because the goddamn hanar diplomat mission doesn't work. why is the ending the bulk of fan outrage when MASSive bugs like these exist?!

anyone else experience anything like this?

#2 Posted by onan (1284 posts) -

@killacam said:

So i just got to rannoch, and even though i saved all my members in the suicide mission tali is nowhere to be seen. this is not skyrim, this is a character-driven game and this bug is inexcusable. a character i've spent two games getting to know has just... ceased existing. on top of this, kasumi won't show because the goddamn hanar diplomat mission doesn't work. why is the ending the bulk of fan outrage when MASSive bugs like these exist?!

anyone else experience anything like this?

That might just be you. I haven't heard of anyone having trouble with either of those things, although I did have a weird bug with the Kasumi side mission after it was completed, I was still able to turn on tracking for the fetch quest in it.

Maybe your save is corrupt? What platform are you playing on?

You might want to post this on the Bioware bug report forums, posting here isn't actually going to get that fixed for you, it's pretty much just whining.

#3 Posted by killacam (1284 posts) -

@onan

yeah, i was wondering how best to alert them/if they'd care at all. playing on the ol' 360. and i prefer the term "venting". ha. i just miss having a quarian crushing on me, is all.

#4 Edited by onan (1284 posts) -

If it makes you feel any better, it probably means you'll also end up with the bug other people who had relationships with Tali and had her die; she's been showing up as a horny ghost ready to have sex in your quarters near the end of the game.

#5 Posted by HellBrendy (994 posts) -

The Kasumi-mission is just pulled off badly. First time I played, I didn't find the thing in the spectre-terminal until late in the game, but the mission was doable without it.

As for Tali, I don't know.

#6 Posted by onan (1284 posts) -

@HellBrendy said:

The Kasumi-mission is just pulled off badly. First time I played, I didn't find the thing in the spectre-terminal until late in the game, but the mission was doable without it.

As for Tali, I don't know.

I'm so, so sad I can't have Javik with me for that side mission. SO SAD.

#7 Posted by killacam (1284 posts) -

@onan said:

If it makes you feel any better, it probably means you'll also end up with the bug other people who had relationships with Tali and had her die; she's been showing up as a horny ghost ready to have sex in your quarters near the end of the game.

alright! so much to look forward to now

#8 Edited by onan (1284 posts) -

With the luck you're having, they'll probably patch it before you get there.

#9 Posted by big_jon (5723 posts) -

Mordin was dead for me, and the game did not recognize that I did all of the DLC, I was not pleased.

#10 Posted by killacam (1284 posts) -

@big_jon said:

Mordin was dead for me, and the game did not recognize that I did all of the DLC, I was not pleased.

class-action suit?!

#11 Posted by Aaron_G (1611 posts) -

@killacam: I know the Kasumi mission can be broken if you started the mission and also did another mission while in the process of that one. I had to go back a save and do it because I would have never been able to finish it.

#12 Posted by Ulain (315 posts) -

@killacam said:

why is the ending the bulk of fan outrage when MASSive bugs like these exist?!

But seriously, it sounds like a crappy bug, especially since she's a friggin squad member. Not sure what else you could do, just remember to save often, and in a different file for like, every mission.

#13 Posted by benspyda (2032 posts) -

Thane did not appear in my game despite my save having all the squad members of ME2 survived. If you've played much of the multiplayer you'd know that the game is pretty buggy.

Online

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.