Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Mass Effect 3

Game » consists of 19 releases. Released Mar 06, 2012

When Earth begins to fall in an ancient cycle of destruction, Commander Shepard must unite the forces of the galaxy to stop the Reapers in the final chapter of the original Mass Effect trilogy.

Your favorite moment of Shepards' journey?

MugenAkagi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By MugenAkagi

Either in ME3, or one of the other games in the franchise, describe what was your favorite moment and describe how it went down. As I haven't beaten ME3, I cant choose from that game(yet) but I would have to say, my favorite moment in the series is when Shepard was escaping the Collector base after the final battle. The on-screen cinematics with the amazing music hitting crescendo, made it a stand-out moment for me.

Sackmanjones

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 5

#2  Edited By Sackmanjones
    @MugenAkagi

Either in ME3, or one of the other games in the franchise, describe what was your favorite moment and describe how it went down. As I haven't beaten ME3, I cant choose from that game(yet) but I would have to say, my favorite moment in the series is when Shepard was escaping the Collector base after the final battle. The on-screen cinematics with the amazing music hitting crescendo, made it a stand-out moment for me.

I would agree but there are a ton of amazing moments I won't spoil for you in me3. But ya in ME 2 that last chase out of the collector base was awesome. For me1 I liked meeting the sovereign transmission.
    TheHT

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 9

#3  Edited By TheHT

Coming out from the wreckage at the end of Mass Effect is up there. Telling off the Illusive Man at the end of two was a nice little cathartic moment too.

Number one for me is definitely making peace between the geth and the Quarians.

Tylea002

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 6

#4  Edited By Tylea002

@Sackmanjones: My friend I would advise keeping your face out of your thread until your game is completed, because spoilers are inevitable.

That said, mother-effing-suicide-mission, you guys.

thatpinguino

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By thatpinguino  Staff

Ashley and Tali getting drunk in ME3 was pretty great. It was something special to see how hard the war in 3 hit two of the Normandy's longest tenured crew members.

mano521

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By mano521

purposefully missing the bottle and listening to garrus's reaction after

WMWA

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By WMWA

Regardless of your feelings on the ending, the final run down to the citadel and the slow walk after you wake up. And after your "choice" as you're carrying it out, your crew's faces flashing before your eyes with that one sad, slow song playing. Lots of great moments. What a great series

huntad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 13

#8  Edited By huntad

Pretty much everything in the series, excluding DLC, is pretty fantastic. Incredible things seem to revolve around Shepard - from light dialog to grand spectacles.

joshthebear

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#9  Edited By joshthebear

I'd have to say the conversation with Sovereign on Virmire in ME1. Everything about it was amazing and set him up as the best villain in the series.

MooseyMcMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 13

#10  Edited By MooseyMcMan

There are so many...Hm...I guess that moment at the end of ME1 where you think Shepard is dead for a few seconds, but then the triumphant music plays as you see that Shepard is indeed alive. Such a great moment.

Also, this:

@mano521 said:

Best payoff for that stupid (ie, awesome) running joke in ME2 possible.

Sackmanjones

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#11  Edited By Sackmanjones
    @Tylea002

@Sackmanjones: My friend I would advise keeping your face out of your thread until your game is completed, because spoilers are inevitable.

That said, mother-effing-suicide-mission, you guys.

It's not mine……
    briangodsoe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#12  Edited By briangodsoe

The moment you find out what Sovereign is in Mass Effect 1 and the conversation you have with him. Up until that point I didn't have a clue.

zombie2011

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By zombie2011

God pretty much every part of ME2, that might be one of the best games ever.

I really enjoyed Zaeed's loyalty mission, also Jacobs and Miranda's and everyone elses, such an amazing game.

sockemjetpack

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By sockemjetpack

Spoilers.

One that sticks out is in ME3 whilst going down the Renegade path on Tuchaunka. Trying to convince Mordin to not spread the cure and him finally snapping and screaming at Shepard "I MADE A MISTAKE!" That to me is the narrative moment that still sticks in my head. Something about the delivery of that line and the animation on Mordin himself gave it real weight.

And then shooting him in the back and seeing him crawl to the console vowing that he can still do it.

Avatar image for deactivated-5985ee6460d86
    deactivated-5985ee6460d86

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

ME1 sovereigns conversation ME2 the ending ME3 Andersons conversation at the end "you did good son...I'm proud of you" awesome shit lol but really I love the entire series best one this current console generation to me at least

pweidman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#16  Edited By pweidman

Finding out what the reapers were really up to near the end in ME1. It really shook me because I knew I was witnessing a truly great and ambitious sci-fi story in a video game.

So many moments in 3 though...too many to name.

StingerMK2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#17  Edited By StingerMK2

@mano521 said:

only finished the game tonight, but i hit the bottle because my shep always had a really competitive friendship with garrus, just looked this up on youtube though, fucking awesome

uniting the Quarians and the Geth at Rannoch, then Tali following up and telling me the Geth are helping to rebuild and even help the Quarians reacclimatise was a real beautiful moment to me. i also thought that Mordin sacrificing himself to cure the genophage was extremely touching, and him humming the Gilbert and Sulivan song as he did it brought a big goofy smile to my face, the whole of the Virmire mission on ME1 and finding out the true intent of Saren and the reapers was a pretty big one too

fusrodah

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By fusrodah

My top 3 are the final sequences on Tuchanka & Rannoch in ME3 and the initial conversation with Sovereign on Virmire in the original

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.