Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Mass Effect: Galaxy

Game » consists of 1 releases. Released Jun 22, 2009

A top-down shooter in the Mass Effect franchise starring Jacob Taylor, a biotic-powered super-soldier.

Did anyone play this before Mass Effect 2?

apathylad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: -1

User Lists: 7

#1  Edited By apathylad

I didn't even know this existed until I read that both Jacob and Miranda first appeared in this game. I was surprised, since they have big roles in Mass Effect 2, so I'm curious about the kind of reception this got. Is there something important in this game's story that I should consider before playing ME2? And since this game takes place after the first Mass Effect, isn't this game technically Mass Effect 2? :P

PhatSeeJay

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 17

#2  Edited By PhatSeeJay
    @Apathylad: Not really much worth in terms of story.

Gameplay wise it's a piece of garbage. You tilt the iphone to make Jacob walk around in a top side angled view, and press on buttons to fire biotics and stuff like that.
    valiom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

#3  Edited By valiom
    @PhatSeeJay:  In ME2, if you talk to Jacob about Miranda he does mention that they used to be really close and that he'd rather not talk about it. It's hinted that they did indeed have a relationship but things didn't work out.
    Johnjamin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By Johnjamin

Is that the extent of the "your reward is waiting for you in Mass Effect 2" tag when you register it then? 

I bought Galaxy and finished it just to see what you get for it, as i couldn't find any information on this "Reward" but so far i've had one chat with jacob where there was an option to talk about what happened between him and miranda, which he just fobbed off and that was that.  If that is all you get......it REALLY isn't worth the £1 i paid for it :D

PhatSeeJay

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 17

#5  Edited By PhatSeeJay
    @Johnjamin: As far as I know, all you get is some extended dialouge or a mention.. or something, I dunnow.
    It's not exactly a reward so much as a joke. ;P
    Johnjamin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By Johnjamin
    @PhatSeeJay: yeah right, c'est la vie!

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.