Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Mass Effect

Franchise »

Mass Effect is a science fiction franchise created by BioWare. The main games follow the adventures of Commander Shepard, the first human Spectre, as he/she tries to protect the galaxy from an ancient and malevolent alien race.

Video Series

LAR

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By LAR

Good morning Giant Bomb community. Earlier in the year I finished work on a video series condensing the Mass Effect games into a story my non-video game playing family members could watch. Throughout the Fall I've been posting them to YouTube, but I'm not really much of a self-promoter. As a result they've gone by without much interest. Which is fine, if people don't care about them I'm fine with that. But it'd be a shame if they weren't watched simply because no one knows they exist. So here they are, enjoy.

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UChNoKBDE-Uz8wJL1f4tKlHw

Frybird

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 3

#2  Edited By Frybird

I think it's pretty cool when people put the effort into turning cinematic games "movie-like" with cutting cutscenes and connecting gameplay tissue together (even if that oftentimes reveals that the pure story of videogames is weirdly paced). I dabbled with that myself but eventually got too lazy quick, so i appreciate your effort, it looks pretty good from what i've looked at.

Probably not gonna watch it though since i played all of the games : /

(That said, i did watch The Last of Us like that before i had a PS3/a PS4 port of the game, so there's definitely an audience for stuff like this)

LAR

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 0

@frybird:Thanks, I can certainly understand why you'd loose your drive. It took nearly a year during my free time, then another few months going back over Mass Effect 1 and 2 to touch them up with what I learnt throughout the process. I'm a programmer by trade, so video editing was relatively new to me. But it was satisfying to do even if they aren't really watched. =)

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.