Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Mega Man

Character » appears in 81 games

Created by Keiji Inafune, Mega Man is a highly advanced robot in the shape of a young boy. He is the main male character of the Mega Man series by Capcom.

Mega Log 1

Kratch

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

Edited By Kratch

No Caption Provided

A few days ago, I was suffering from Dead Space 2 fatigue.  I was playing through the game, which is fantastic fun, a second time, but I was starting to get burnt out.  I'd dismembered my thousandth necromorph and punched the head off of my thousandth undead space grade schooler.  I needed a break.  I looked through my stack of games and spotted the Mega Man Anniversary Collection for the original Xbox.  The game was a quick buy for me over a year ago.  It was less than ten bucks and I knew that it was backward compatible on my 360, so I picked it up.  I'd never really dove into it, and looking at it, I realized that I'd never beaten, or spent a significant amount of time with, any of the Mega Man games.  So, I'm going to attempt to play through all of them on the collection in order.  The disc includes Mega Man 1 to Mega Man 8 and a couple "never-before-released" Mega Man games.  Now, I'm not making any promises here.  I could get stuck on Mega Man 1 and give up in an infantile rage.  It's been known to happen.

In full disclosure, I'm going to use some online guides to look up the order that I should fight the bosses in.  If you're not up on your Mega Man, the games have a basic structure that was pretty unique for the time.  You can play any level in any order you want, but each boss robot at the end of the level gives you a special weapon that you can use after defeating them.  Most robot bosses have a weakness to one of the other robot's weapons, so there is usually one or two paths through the game that are the most efficient.  I understand that part of the fun of the Mega Man games, at least when they first came out, was trying to figure out the best order to play the game in.  I'm cheating by getting that information from the internet.  Why?  Because I'm not nine-years-old and have only one game to play for six months with no job, or girlfriend, or drinking problems.  I'm a grown man who wants to play a game about being a blue robot man-child.  That's why.

No Caption Provided
    First up, Mega Man 1, which had some amazing cover art.  My first session, I played through Bomb Man's stage, Guts Man's stage, and Cut Man's stage.  Here were some of my thoughts.

Bomb Man:  Piece of cake.  I thought these games were supposed to be hard.  Fighting Bomb Man was like fighting a tired three-year-old.  Now I got bombs, fools.

Guts Man:  Holy shit, who would build these fucking platforms that fucking drop you like this.  This is fucking impossible.  There's no way a human could get past this part.  Jesus, is this as far as I'm going to get in the Mega Man Collection, the second stage.

After about fifteen straight minutes of trying to get past the moving platforms, I finally got through, and bombed the shit out of Guts Man.  Now I have...guts, I guess.

Cut Man:  Kind of a tough stage, but nothing as frustrating as Guts Man's falling platforms on rails.  Threw a couple of bricks at Cut Man using Guts Man's throwing ability and he died easy enough.  Now I have some scissors, or something.

No Caption Provided

That's it for Mega Log 1.  Tune in next time for the shock of Elec Man and possibly the cold heart of Ice Man.
    Kratch

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By Kratch

No Caption Provided

A few days ago, I was suffering from Dead Space 2 fatigue.  I was playing through the game, which is fantastic fun, a second time, but I was starting to get burnt out.  I'd dismembered my thousandth necromorph and punched the head off of my thousandth undead space grade schooler.  I needed a break.  I looked through my stack of games and spotted the Mega Man Anniversary Collection for the original Xbox.  The game was a quick buy for me over a year ago.  It was less than ten bucks and I knew that it was backward compatible on my 360, so I picked it up.  I'd never really dove into it, and looking at it, I realized that I'd never beaten, or spent a significant amount of time with, any of the Mega Man games.  So, I'm going to attempt to play through all of them on the collection in order.  The disc includes Mega Man 1 to Mega Man 8 and a couple "never-before-released" Mega Man games.  Now, I'm not making any promises here.  I could get stuck on Mega Man 1 and give up in an infantile rage.  It's been known to happen.

In full disclosure, I'm going to use some online guides to look up the order that I should fight the bosses in.  If you're not up on your Mega Man, the games have a basic structure that was pretty unique for the time.  You can play any level in any order you want, but each boss robot at the end of the level gives you a special weapon that you can use after defeating them.  Most robot bosses have a weakness to one of the other robot's weapons, so there is usually one or two paths through the game that are the most efficient.  I understand that part of the fun of the Mega Man games, at least when they first came out, was trying to figure out the best order to play the game in.  I'm cheating by getting that information from the internet.  Why?  Because I'm not nine-years-old and have only one game to play for six months with no job, or girlfriend, or drinking problems.  I'm a grown man who wants to play a game about being a blue robot man-child.  That's why.

No Caption Provided
    First up, Mega Man 1, which had some amazing cover art.  My first session, I played through Bomb Man's stage, Guts Man's stage, and Cut Man's stage.  Here were some of my thoughts.

Bomb Man:  Piece of cake.  I thought these games were supposed to be hard.  Fighting Bomb Man was like fighting a tired three-year-old.  Now I got bombs, fools.

Guts Man:  Holy shit, who would build these fucking platforms that fucking drop you like this.  This is fucking impossible.  There's no way a human could get past this part.  Jesus, is this as far as I'm going to get in the Mega Man Collection, the second stage.

After about fifteen straight minutes of trying to get past the moving platforms, I finally got through, and bombed the shit out of Guts Man.  Now I have...guts, I guess.

Cut Man:  Kind of a tough stage, but nothing as frustrating as Guts Man's falling platforms on rails.  Threw a couple of bricks at Cut Man using Guts Man's throwing ability and he died easy enough.  Now I have some scissors, or something.

No Caption Provided

That's it for Mega Log 1.  Tune in next time for the shock of Elec Man and possibly the cold heart of Ice Man.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.