Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Metal Gear Solid 3: Snake Eater

Game » consists of 15 releases. Released Nov 17, 2004

The third installment in the Metal Gear Solid franchise is swathed in the Cold War, and it's up to a strangely familiar soldier codenamed Naked Snake to keep the Soviet Union and the United States from all-out nuclear war.

The "Bosses"

Coltonio7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 2

#1  Edited By Coltonio7

I'm curious as to what people think of the bosses in MGS 3, compared to the other bosses in the MGS series. Most memorable, hardest (( The Boss )), Most Fun, etc... To me, I like the battle with The Fear because I used the thermal goggles since the second I got them, and I got some good use out of them there! The fight itself wasn't that hard but it was enjoyable, and I just seem to love the character!

trulyalive

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

User Lists: 17

#2  Edited By trulyalive

I thought The End was about a million times more difficult than The Boss. I would say that the most memorable is The Sorrow (freaking creepy...) and the most fun was the battle against the Shagohad. I consider that a boss ^_^
    The Fear was a lot of fun, as well, you used my technique =P

DarkLegend

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By DarkLegend

Yeah, the fear was one of my favorite to fight. It was hard the first time around.

DeanJParker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#4  Edited By DeanJParker

I've submitted my thoughts on the bosses to be added into the game description, thought it was important to. But The End was enjoyable, as well as The Fury. Volgin was reasonably straight forward. THE Boss had to be relatively easy, you did have a time limit! But it was horrible when you did defeat her, and you had to... well, you know.... man, hated that. 

pause422

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#5  Edited By pause422

The End was definitely a pain,but the most epic I would say, but after you follow the full story of the game and have to confront The Boss at the end,that is definately the most memorable in my opinion.

ShaneDev

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#6  Edited By ShaneDev

I thought they were all great except for the End i thought he was kinda borin  and the fire guy fury i think he was hard but i enjoyed it

kush

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#7  Edited By kush

I really loved the End and thought overall MGS3 has some of the best bosses in the series...very close in quality to the bosses of MGS1. Maybe even the best the series has ever seen in my eyes. I though MGS4 has the absolute worst bosses in the series...they weren't even fun or interesting in any way.

Avatar image for deactivated-61665c8292280
    deactivated-61665c8292280

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

I think the most original boss fight was the battle with The End, but all of the other bosses, to me, felt very forced.  The Fear seemed like a Vamp clone, and The Fury . . . I mean, there was no story behind that guy, so that whole battle was very contrived. 

The Volgin/Shagohod business continued forth for what seemed like a decade, but that's not necessarily bad, since I wasn't convinced the Shagohod had been destroyed in the bridge collapse.  The Boss herself was very intense.  The fact that CQC could be used effectively against her added a lot to that battle.  And, of course, the final gunshot. 

But, yeah, The End was certainly the best, for me.  Most memorable, most intense, most original.

psr388

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By psr388

best in the series, tho i havent played 4 yet

Vyse_Legends

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By Vyse_Legends

The bosses were awesome.  I wish I could shoot hornets at people now.:(

Demilich

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#11  Edited By Demilich

Resurrecting thread. Every MGS game had at least one ultra-memorable boss fight. The End was this one's, obviously.

HandsomeDead

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By HandsomeDead

I thought all the bosses in this game were disgracefully bad. Took the magic reality aspect of MGS and took it beyond the limits. A guy who spits bees? Get the fuck out of here.

Demilich

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By Demilich

Guy who Spits bees.
    Guy who floats and throws shit at you with his mind.
    Bisexual Vampire who flamenco dances and throws knives at you while walking on non-buoyant water.
    Girl who deflects missiles with her mind born with her heart on the wrong side of her chest.
    Teenage girls with robot animal suits.

METAL GEAR SOLID

TACTICAL ESPIONAGE ACTION

HandsomeDead

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By HandsomeDead
    Demilich said:
    "Guy who floats and throws shit at you with his mind.
    Bisexual Vampire who flamenco dances and throws knives at you while walking on non-buoyant water.
    Girl who deflects missiles with her mind born with her heart on the wrong side of her chest.
    Teenage girls with robot animal suits."
    None of those things are as 'what the fuck?' stupid as the bee guy. Plus, at least the others can be explained with nanomachines or in the case of Psycho Mantis, he was meant to be something the KGB had actually been working on. A guy who spits bees, a ghost, a sniper who is forever years old and a man made of electricity just seemed line crossing to me.
    KillaMaStA

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#15  Edited By KillaMaStA

The end wins in my mind and he wins "the best boss of all time award "too. I actually fought that dude for like 14 hours before i gave up(i had no ammo at all by that time) the first time around, then a few months later i returned only to find that he died of old age, it was the most awesome moment ever.

Demilich

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By Demilich

Then let's say they are Americas answer to the Nazi medical experiments.

Snipers

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By Snipers

The most memorable would be The Boss. After having played through so much and finally realizing what you must do, for me I didn't get to fight The End because I killed him at the warehouse before he got wheeled in. =p

Demilich

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By Demilich
    Snipers said:
    "The most memorable would be The Boss. After having played through so much and finally realizing what you must do, for me I didn't get to fight The End because I killed him at the warehouse before he got wheeled in. =p"
    Missed out on the best fight by far...
    kush

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#19  Edited By kush
    Snipers said:
    "The most memorable would be The Boss. After having played through so much and finally realizing what you must do, for me I didn't get to fight The End because I killed him at the warehouse before he got wheeled in. =p"
    Well you better start up a new game and not do that because you missed out on one of the best boss fights in gaming.
    kashif1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By kashif1
    Kush said:
    "I really loved the End and thought overall MGS3 has some of the best bosses in the series...very close in quality to the bosses of MGS1. Maybe even the best the series has ever seen in my eyes. I though MGS4 has the absolute worst bosses in the series...they weren't even fun or interesting in any way.
    "
    Mgs 4 did have the worst in the series but thats not saying much as they're still really good.  Beside the fight at the end of mgs 4 was the best of them all.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.