*SOLVED*Missing Metal Gear, Metal Gear 2, and the Novels

#1 Edited by echenig (9 posts) -

Hello all,

I am really wondering if I am missing something here. I just got the MGS Legacy Collection from the Sony store at the Malls of the Americas in San Diego.

I put Disc 2 and my PS3 sees it as the HD collection. It only lets me select, MGS 3, MGS PW and MGS 2. It is my belief that Metal Gear, Metal Gear 2 and the novels come in the disc, and MSG and VR Missions are downloads.

Please help!

#2 Posted by echenig (9 posts) -
#3 Posted by Demoskinos (14779 posts) -

@echenig: Not sure about VR Missions and MGS 1 but Metal Gear and Metal Gear 2 are playable from Metal Gear Solid 3 since it is the Subsistence version which included Metal Gear and Metal Gear 2 on the disc when it was released on the PS2.

#4 Posted by falserelic (5413 posts) -

I think for Metal Gear Solid and VR you have to use a download code...

#5 Posted by echenig (9 posts) -

@falserelic: Yep, the codes will get me those.

@demoskinos: Thanks! Have not kept up with all the versions that have been released. Found them!

But if I can bug you one last time. Where are MGS and MGS2 Bande Dessinée?

#6 Posted by AgnosticJesus (544 posts) -

Enjoyed the video but it might have been better with narration. Was that a Britney Spears dynamic theme?

#7 Posted by echenig (9 posts) -

@agnosticjesus: thx! I was mad at the time, so I would have come out like an angry noob. the dynamic theme is Jessica Alba's Sin City club scene

#8 Posted by echenig (9 posts) -

Well, it took me awhile, but I figured out the whole thing. This is what I get for playing Xbox more than PS3.

Thanks to all that replied. Your help is greatly appreciated!

#9 Posted by ThunderSlash (1693 posts) -

So how do you access the graphic novels?

#10 Posted by confideration (406 posts) -

@thunderslash: Then novels show up under the videos section in the crossbar thing when you have the HD collection disc in.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.