Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Metal Gear Solid V: The Phantom Pain

Game » consists of 19 releases. Released Sep 01, 2015

The final main entry in the Metal Gear Solid series bridges the events between Metal Gear Solid: Peace Walker and the original Metal Gear, as Big Boss wakes up from a nine-year coma in 1984 to rebuild his mercenary paradise.

Skyrider

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By Skyrider

So we all know there's this avatar creation business. Like I'm sure many others did, I figured I'd make my avatar look like myself as much as possible, but then I realized something: why run around in MGO as myself when I can run around in MGO as Jean Claude Van Damme from Universal Soldier.

No Caption Provided
    No Caption Provided

And so, I've embarked on my quest to make an avatar that looks as much like JCVD as possible. In a hilarious twist, for once I've found it much easier to recreate my own face than that of someone else. Perhaps it is because of the creation tools limitations, my own, or both, but I'm coming up short on my quest so far (as shown by the above pretty much generic white dude).

In any case, I figured it would be cool to see what amazing things (or monstrosities) my fellow duders have been making. Have y'all been making other MG characters, movie characters, yourself etc? Let's see them!

(Also, if you have any tips on how to make my JCVD more JCVD-like, feel free to rescue me in my quest)

Devil240Z

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#2  Edited By Devil240Z

While the character creator is probably the same between MGSV and MGO. The character you create in MGSV is not connected to MGO at all as far as I know. Cause in the MGO demos they show multiple slots for characters and you can make a lady. That said I will take a screen shot of my avatar next time I boot the game up.

Also Van Damme is awesome!!! My favorite action movie star of all time! Unless you count Kurt Russel but he isn't as prolific as Jean Claude IMO.

EDIT: Heres my guy. I don't really get into character creators much and generally suck at them but I tried to make a guy who looks vaguely like me. Maybe if I mugged you in a dark alley and this avatar was based on the description given to police it might be alright. Though I have never had hair that short in my life.

No Caption Provided

Avatar image for adequatelyprepared
    AdequatelyPrepared

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

@devil240z: I believe the way that it will work is that your avatar will be one of the slots for MGO (it will be the default, I think), with yourself being free to create some other avatars for MGO, especially if you want a lady.

Devil240Z

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

@devil240z: I believe the way that it will work is that your avatar will be one of the slots for MGO (it will be the default, I think), with yourself being free to create some other avatars for MGO, especially if you want a lady.

I see. Well I'm making a lady for sure either way cause given the choice between generic dude or generic lady I always choose lady.

audioBusting

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 26

I think that's a pretty good Van Damme, but I'm bad at recognizing faces so I don't know. I usually make normal looking characters in single player games, so I just made this guy. I will definitely try to make something freaky when MGO comes out.

No Caption Provided

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.