Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Metal Gear Solid V: The Phantom Pain

Game » consists of 19 releases. Released Sep 01, 2015

The final main entry in the Metal Gear Solid series bridges the events between Metal Gear Solid: Peace Walker and the original Metal Gear, as Big Boss wakes up from a nine-year coma in 1984 to rebuild his mercenary paradise.

Crazy awesome easter egg in Episode 20 (SPOILERS)

Fitzgerald

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

Did any of you recognize the cassette tape playing in one of the tents that sounded like a news report?

That's from ____PT_____

Avatar image for adequatelyprepared
    AdequatelyPrepared

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

Koji pls. Why do you constantly tease us like this of what could have been?
    I'm fairly certain that the sound effect that the bloody fridge (I think) makes as it swings in PT is in MGS5. I constantly hear it.

Grelik

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Hah. I never played PT, but when I came across that tape playing, I definitely stopped and listened to it, and thought it seemed out of place.

a_e_martin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Yep, I recognised it instantly. I've never even played PT myself, but I've watched it being played on this site and others so many times that that voice has become ingrained in my brain.

Avatar image for halfpastwhenever
    halfpastwhenever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I heard it too. Kinda fits with the turn the mission takes towards the end.

Grillbar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

yes and you can also find the ghost thingy walking around. also try shooting ocelot with a tranq multiple times its worth it. and there are some portal references as well on some signs

thats all i have found

Junkboy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By Junkboy

I was so happy when I heard it and super bummed out afterwards. What was wierd was during that mist there was a guard that would randomly shoot the "scarecrows" but the second I heard the tape I started wondering if he was seeing a ghost and became paranoid expecting something from the mist.

Avatar image for clairvoyantvibrations
    ClairvoyantVibrations

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

This entire mission, while advancing the actual plot of MGS 5 somewhat, feels like Kojima saying "Fuck you Konami, this is the kind of stuff I could have done with a horror game".

There's the P.T. news report about the man who killed his family and you can find the jump scare lady from P.T. Also before the room where you meet Skull Face there are some body bags, one of them twitches as you walk by it and it actually kind of got a good jump scare out of me. The mission isn't scary or stressful like a dedicated horror game is but the trappings are there, and I like to think they exist to show us what could have been if the corporate side hadn't interfered. Probably my favourite mission in terms of atmosphere and setting. D-Dog and I creeping up on this abandoned facility through a foggy valley was awesome.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.