Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Metal Gear Solid V: The Phantom Pain

Game » consists of 19 releases. Released Sep 01, 2015

The final main entry in the Metal Gear Solid series bridges the events between Metal Gear Solid: Peace Walker and the original Metal Gear, as Big Boss wakes up from a nine-year coma in 1984 to rebuild his mercenary paradise.

Everyone saw the exclamation point on the box art right?

tp0p

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By tp0p

So, I just bought mgs v on the xbox games sale and I noticed the big "V" on the front cover with the space cut out of it looked just like a weird looking exclamation mark or like two exclamation marks combined.

This is super dumb and it makes me laugh. I'm guessing everyone saw this right? I cant take the game seriously at all now haha.

Humanity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 40

User Lists: 16

Never really thought about it but yah, I guess it does.

FacelessVixen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

Yes, roughly five years ago.

But you just bought the game, so, it's understandable.

LeStephan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#4  Edited By LeStephan

I just reinstalled the game today and was like: "huh..did I notice that that V was 2 exclamation marks before?..." Its such a coincidence you posted this today hahah.

So, im honestly not sure I noticed when it just came out but I did just happen to notice it today xD

I think this actualy ties in incredibly well with mgs vs themes of having differing interpretations of the same thing now that I think about it. Is the V in mgsV supposed to signify that its the 5th metal gear solid?(but it isnt even, its like the 6th) Is it supposed to just be the letter V for venom. or "V for victory"/Peace. OR like you just pointed out 2 exclamation marks merging into one....which you could also interpret as having meaning regarding mgs V xD OR it could be all of those things, none of em exclude the other. Its all on you how you see it.

Kinda like how everyone interprets the boss's will differently.

bakoomerang

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

Can't say I did - I must have always been too distracted thinking the side profile of Snake kinda looks like Dan lol

Avatar image for deactivated-611d8183a00c9
    deactivated-611d8183a00c9

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

User Lists: 7

@bakoomerang: I'd like to think that if i browsed this game in the store or blockbuster (when those were a thing) then i probably would have caught it. I preordered and picked it up day one.. but yeah i usually have an eye for this stuff. Missed it.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.