Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Metal Gear Solid V: The Phantom Pain

Game » consists of 19 releases. Released Sep 01, 2015

The final main entry in the Metal Gear Solid series bridges the events between Metal Gear Solid: Peace Walker and the original Metal Gear, as Big Boss wakes up from a nine-year coma in 1984 to rebuild his mercenary paradise.

Like a Moron, I Accidentally Signed Up For FOB Insurance! How Can I Cancel it!?

john9man

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Seriously! I don't want to pay for this crap. I don't even know how I signed up for it, it happened so fast. And the thing is, I don't know how to get out of it. Is there anyway to cancel this pig-fuck of a service?

Thanks in advance

john9man

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@dudeglove: dear lord... you might be right. There's seriously no menu option to undo it. I'll call customer service? That'll at least give me an hour of frustration. Maybe I'll just pay the damn idiot tax for...ever...

NeoCalypso

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#4  Edited By NeoCalypso

@john9man: If you were just sort of buttoning through it then you may have hit the first option which is the 3 day trial which doesn't require any MB coins. Also it's not a subscription service so I don't think you need to go as far as canceling your credit card.

AlexW00d

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

contact support? cancel your credit card?

Fake your own death?

john9man

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

korwin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

Hit the lever.

chu52

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 5

#8  Edited By chu52

now burn down your FOB for the insurance supplies

Frybird

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

Ask Madden!

darkvare

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

the only escape is to build an fob in real life in international waters and never pay your credit card debt is what the boss would have wanted

Dan_CiTi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Use the wormhole on yourself, destination Konami HQ.

mike

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: -1

User Lists: 6

#12  Edited By mike

Konami pulling this kind of crap makes me so glad that Cheat Engine exists for the PC version. I encourage people to use it to give yourself resources, especially if you have already finished the game. That way you don't have to worry about ever having enough of anything or enough GMP to research whatever you want. I did it once I finished the game, as well as one other mod in particular related to a character, and the game became so much more fun for me since I didn't have to worry about any of that stuff anymore.

Of course, it sucks that people are using trainers for evil in FOB mode and giving themselves unlimited health, but those people are few and far between.

rethla

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By rethla

@mike: Funny enough cheating is the reason i went with the PS4 version ;)

Also as already said its not a subscription service and the first insurance is for free and the second one is also for free since you can buy it with your daily bonuses you have recieved. So basicly the first 2 weeks or so are free insurance and you dont really need the insurance anyway.

SumMexican75

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Commit insurance fraud for all its worth. >:D

OurSin_360

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By OurSin_360

@mike said:

Konami pulling this kind of crap makes me so glad that Cheat Engine exists for the PC version. I encourage people to use it to give yourself resources, especially if you have already finished the game. That way you don't have to worry about ever having enough of anything or enough GMP to research whatever you want. I did it once I finished the game, as well as one other mod in particular related to a character, and the game became so much more fun for me since I didn't have to worry about any of that stuff anymore.

Of course, it sucks that people are using trainers for evil in FOB mode and giving themselves unlimited health, but those people are few and far between.

I don't know, i thought sending dudes out for resources when low and balancing what i brought on missions was half the fun. If i cared a lot about that character i would definitely do that cheat though.

Lukeweizer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

Ya done fucked up.

ripelivejam

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@alexw00d said:
    @dudeglove said:

contact support? cancel your credit card?

Fake your own death?

Touch her shoulder?

Pete0r

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Sure, you could cancel the insurance today, but wouldn't you rather have peace of mind that while you and your family are sleeping the numbers in this video game aren't slowly ticking down.

I mean its not like Konami would flag your account and repeatedly surface your name on other peoples attack list, thats what you're paying the protection money premium for.

Maybe in a few months other companies will get in on the market so you could shop around between Valve or Ubisoft and see if they will offer coverage for your FOB.

renegade1973

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

call Zobek?

Mirado

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@mike said:

Seriously, this is the way to handle it. There is absolutely nothing fun about farming a level for its unprocessed fuel resources, and while I loved going around and hititng bases to recruit new troops, the fact that you cannot get S+ or S++ troops in the wild is very frustrating, as the only way to pick them up is via FOB inflitrations, and even that is not a guarantee.

I haven't played for a good week or so, and I sort of dread seeing how much I've lost in staff, resources and GMP, as I made a LOT of enemies trying to farm S++ rank troops. The fact that I can load up CE after already finishing the majority of the games challenges (S-Ranking hard missions, all side ops, etc) will keep me playing for a long time.

Eaxis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

I've only been invaded once, don't give them anymore money. I'm stuck in a very bad way to gather up the last resources I need to develop my MB and FOB, it takes forever! I only have half the MB coins to buy FOB 2, this is such a terrible way to handle it.

Corvak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@mike said:

Pretty much what I did, and i'm not afraid to admit it. Konami really didnt think this through, and I dont know if they're even policing their system. For all I know I could freeze my MB coins and get free insurance anyway

john9man

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I haven't paid Konami yet. A few men dressed in Big Boss masks showed up to my apartment at 1800 and threatened to tranq and fulton my dog then cqc me with a bat to the knees. Things are looking grim. Does anyone have Solid Snakes digits?

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.