Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Metal Gear Solid V: The Phantom Pain

Game » consists of 19 releases. Released Sep 01, 2015

The final main entry in the Metal Gear Solid series bridges the events between Metal Gear Solid: Peace Walker and the original Metal Gear, as Big Boss wakes up from a nine-year coma in 1984 to rebuild his mercenary paradise.

PT radio broadcast in MGSV

GannerOne

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By GannerOne

I was wandering around exploring Africa the other day, and when seeking shelter in some old shack in the middle of the woods during a stormy night, I heard the eerie broadcast from PT in which you hear about the "mother was found shot at point-blank range" etc. I found this super-creepy, but I can't but to wonder if it's a sign?
    I mean it could have been planned as a in-game commercial for the game, but it's a while since PT was 'cancelled', so why wouldn't they just have swapped it out?
    Could this hint that this creepy game is still in motion?

Sdoots

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 25

User Lists: 7

It's just an easter egg, man. It's dead as hell. Del Toro has gone so far as to swear off game dev because of this whole mess.

atomicoldman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I think you're grasping for something that isn't there. It's just a fun nod to a dead project Kojima was involved with. Silent Hills is as far under the ground as it can be, and it's not coming back. Even if it were to, for whatever reason, there's no way it would be in the form it was meant to be.

Giant_Gamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

And in one of the bases in Afghanistan you can hear the sound effect of the swaying chandelier in P.T

Zefpunk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

For someone who had never played or watched PT very much, I took it as a really creepy indication to some strange shit about to pop off coming up later on in the mission. Then I got to the building and the creepiest part of the game started happening. That stuff is unnerving, I imagine it was pretty scary in the PT setting.

GannerOne

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@zefpunk: You should check out Patrick Klepek's let's play of PT; it was hillarious. I bet it's on his profile on Youtube or Twitch.

Avatar image for deactivated-61665c8292280
    deactivated-61665c8292280

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

It's a really great easter egg that, apart from being a bittersweet reminder of what could've been, also helps set the mood and atmosphere for Mission 20, where players traditionally come across that audio.

darkvare

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

i heard that there's a way of making your decoys looks like the pt ghost but i have no idea how

korwin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

Don't Touch That Dial Now!
    Don't Touch That Dial Now!

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.