Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Might & Magic: Clash of Heroes

Game » consists of 10 releases. Released Dec 01, 2009

An anime-style installment in the Might & Magic series by independent Canadian developer Capybara Games. It mixes elements of strategy RPGs and puzzle games.

The new king of RPG Puzzle games?

rallier

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

#1  Edited By rallier

I'm about 2 hours in and so far it has been bloody brilliant. The batttle mechanics are way deeper then your average Puzzle Quest and the presentation is top notch. Luck although it does help does not feel as big as a part in the gameplay at all and a good thought out strategy is key to winning the battle. 

One of the thing that i really like is how you can level up your different units in random battles since for me grinding=cocaine. Which is pretty much the reason why I'm staying far far away from WoW ^^

Anyone else playing this?    

Axersia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By Axersia

I originally intended to pick this up a few days after release provided it didn't suck, but after they consistently pushed it back a month (it was originally supposed to come out back in August) I just lost interest in the game. Hell, I didn't even know it was out already until I saw it listed in the "Top 20 best reviewed DS games of 2009" thread. Well, it's nice that it turned out to be a good game, but at this point I really can't be bothered to pay full price for it anymore since there are other games I'd rather spend my money on. I'll pick it up if I ever see it for cheap, though.

rallier

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#3  Edited By rallier
    @Axersia: It feels like an "evergreen" game so if you can wait you might as well. There just is nothing that is really like it and i doubt that there will be anything with the exception of a sequel that will make it feel dated if you buy it once it hits lower prices.

9 hours in right now and I feel like I've only scratched the surface of what this game has to offer. For the sake of reference i am now playing as the human knight and I'm after a griffon so that i can enter a tournament.  Story so far has been pretty good, nothing extraordinary but it keeps you going, it is pretty grim i must say which feels really odd with the art style. My only complaint so far is that the enemies do their move pretty slowly, it gives you plenty of time to see what the enemy is doing but when you have your strategy  figured out already it can be annoying. AI is pretty good, I was really surprised at how when i prepared a heavy attack on a line it would try and absorb the damage by making walls there and putting its units there.

It also has multi-player via wifi and local single cart multiplayer which is a nice plus.
    AgentJ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 31

#4  Edited By AgentJ
    @Rallier:
    You are totally right Rallier. This game is ridiculously addictive. I've put upwards of 70 hours in so far. I love bringing it out whenever I've got a free minute. It's a perfect on-the-go game. 
    Avatar image for deactivated-5ee489577a60c
    deactivated-5ee489577a60c

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

I picked it up a few days ago, and as you said it is very addictive. I love the battles and the story is a lot better than what I would have imagined. I think the message here is that people should check this game out, because it is fantastic.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.