Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Might & Magic Heroes VI

Game » consists of 2 releases. Released Oct 11, 2011

Might & Magic Heroes VI is the sixth installment in the long running spin-off of the Might & Magic saga. This is the first game of the series to be developed by Black Hole Entertainment.

Anything similar in development?

Chadwick

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By Chadwick

A tactical, turn-based PC game like this really interests me. The problem I have is that my internet connection is very unstable so the Ubisoft DRM is scaring me away. I'm also reading that there's a lot of bugs currently in the game.

Is there a similar game like this in development? I know there's a large back catalog of games like this on the PC, but I was hoping for something new.

Tennmuerti

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 7

#2  Edited By Tennmuerti
    @cuirass
    Not really. It's a very niche geanre these days.
    The freshest that I know of are the King's Bounty games that came between Heroes 5 and 6.
    They are a bit simpler in terms of the overworld however. Being slightly closer to RPG then TBS.

But imo HoMM5 is still very servicable as it doess not require online stuff, if you can find a package deal with it's expansions.
    Canteu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By Canteu

Disciples 3 is the shiznits. It's new enough and is graphically superior even to HoMM6. It's an Akella (russian) game however so it can be a bit buggy at times.

Games of this genre are all pretty much identical anyway so holding out for something new is kinda worthless. Heroes of Might and Magic, Disciples 3, Kings Bounty. All pretty much identical other than art direction and some fine details, and wether the grid is square or hex based.

Tennmuerti

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By Tennmuerti
    @Canteu:
    I really disliked Disciples 3, so didn't recomend it.
    Inferior art compared to 2, messed up hero progression, they didn't bother changing anything at all in towns from 2, and there are less factions. Oh and the super stretched out campaign missions that barely move the story forward.
    Can't stress art enough. One of the best things about Disciples 2 was the incredible character and monster design, everything looked badass. It's the one thing it had over the HoMM series.

@cuirass:  If you want to try out the Disciples series I would personally recomend starting with Disciples 2. It's older then 3 but imo better.
    Canteu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By Canteu

@Tennmuerti: never tried 2, thanks for the reccomendation. I'll see if i can find it!

Tennmuerti

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By Tennmuerti
    @Canteu said:

@Tennmuerti: never tried 2, thanks for the reccomendation. I'll see if i can find it!

There is Disciples 2 (with all 3 expansions) on GoG for $10.
    ftomato

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#7  Edited By ftomato

You should look into the DRM in MMH6, I've read somewhere that it just locks you out of some optional items and achievements if you're not online. Not sure how accurate that is.

Tennmuerti

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By Tennmuerti
    @FTomato said:

You should look into the DRM in MMH6, I've read somewhere that it just locks you out of some optional items and achievements if you're not online. Not sure how accurate that is.

It also locks out your online saves.
    So if you are normally playing online and your connection goes out, you get booted from the current session and will not be able to see your current saves untill you reconnect.
    Chadwick

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By Chadwick

Thanks, guys. I'll take another look at Disciples II and HoMM V.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.