Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Mighty No. 9

Game » consists of 10 releases. Released Jun 21, 2016

An action-platformer headed by Mega Man co-creator Keiji Inafune, and crowdfunded via Kickstarter. It is heavily inspired by Inafune's Mega Man franchise.

Mighty No. 9 likely delayed to 2016 [Delay Confirmed]

• 87 results
    Slag

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 45

#1  Edited By Slag

I don't know what's going on at Comcept given the Red Ash kickstarter debacle, but this latest news really doesn't bode well at all

http://www.gameinformer.com/b/news/archive/2015/07/31/mighty-no.-9-will-not-release-in-2015.aspx

EDIT: I should note there is no word directly from Comcept as of yet. This is based on Brick and Mortar retailers changing their release dates.

EDIT (Aug. 5): Comcept has confirmed a delay into Q1 2016 - https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/mightyno9/mighty-no-9/posts/1314847

EDIT (August 7th) : Comcept explains their rationale in greater depth. They claim the delay is due to the Multiplayer mode stretch goal

http://www.engadget.com/2015/08/07/mighty-no-9-producer-on-delay/#continued

Avatar image for deactivated-5fc86d541ecee
    deactivated-5fc86d541ecee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Wasn't this supposed to be out next month? The fuck is going on at Comcept right now?

CharlesDA

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

What is going oooon with this gaaaame

newmoneytrash

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

wait but this was only meant to be weeks away

the steam page still lists the date as the 15th of september

i backed this game because i was just super excited about kickstarted and got caught in moment, but i have kind of regretted it ever since

nightriff

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 7

From the outside, this whole project seems like a mess. Hope backers aren't finding out this way but I'm sure they are

Avatar image for viciousbearmauling
    ViciousBearMauling

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

I have friends who have played the damn thing and it seems like it's fine. I have no idea what is going on. Gotta feel really iffy for any backers out there.

chaser324

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 15

#7 chaser324  Moderator  Online

As a backer, I've taken all of the MN9 issues in stride up to this point, but this alleged delay on top of the Red Ash debacle has really killed all of my confidence in this game.

For the record, there's been no official comment from Comcept on this thus far. There was a post on the backer forums some time last week where a moderator relayed second hand info saying the game was still on track, but the reliability of that post is highly questionable.

LarryDavis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By LarryDavis

And I was thinking Comcept couldn't seem any more scummy and inept. Whoops, proven wrong again!

Efesell

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

A game due out next month is now pushed into next year?

As a general rule I don't like to be irritated with delays, I welcome developers trying to make sure they release the best game they can... but what the fuck is going on?

Avatar image for deactivated-64bc6edfbd9ee
    deactivated-64bc6edfbd9ee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

What a hot mess

Yummylee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 88

User Lists: 24

#11  Edited By Yummylee

I usually view delays as a necessary... nuisance, but a delay this long for a game that was mere weeks away? That's proper shitty EDIT: if true.

Avatar image for deactivated-601df795ee52f
    deactivated-601df795ee52f

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

Seems like every day I lose more faith in this game, Comcept, and Inafune. What a joke.

Edit: Amazon has changed the release date as well.

Crembaw

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

You should finish your first game before kickstarting your second. I mean I'm not so stupid as to say that they should only ever be working on M#9, they're allowed to have multiple projects just like any other company. But if your very first game was funded on goodwill you should deliver it before going back a second time. I dunno, they can do whatever, I guess. I don't make games. It just seems like it would be the decent thing to do.

The dark, conspiracy-theory alternative is, of course, that they've already run out of money for the game again, and are using the new KS to fund finishing the first game at all, but that would be insane, and I really doubt that's what's going on.

konig_kei

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By konig_kei

Sounds good to me it would've been the same day as MGS5 (on pc).

ThunderSlash

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

Aren't they doing a 2 Player Productions documentary along with the development of the game (was that a one off thing to hype up the Kickstarter)? If they are that would probably reveal to us what is happening at Comcept.

jackburtonme

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By jackburtonme

What a shame. This seemed like a really promising game back in 2013. This is the first I've heard of them missing the September release, which was itself a delay. First the reveal of the uninspired in engine art and now it looks like the game will be crunched out as funds dry up. This was the first kickstarter I backed and I'm not sure if I would back another.

Wikitoups

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

These guys are also doing a game with armature right?

chaser324

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 chaser324  Moderator  Online
    ArbitraryWater

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 66

This on top of the Red Ash stuff is all sorts of shady.

KillEm_Dafoe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 6

What the fuck is this bullshit...this game was 6 weeks away! I didn't back it (nor have I ever backed any game, for the record), so I guess I can't complain too much, but I'm still really looking forward to it.

EsDeib

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Yeah. I kinda felt bad for not backing this game at the time, but now I most certainly don't. Since the ganeplay reveal and multiple delays, on top of the whole Red Ash thing before this is even out... Man. I still want to play it, but everything around it kinda sucks right now.

Shindig

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By Shindig

They were pretty confident the game was 'done' at E3. What happened, guys?

BananasFoster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Oh please. If the game is being pushed back, that's a GOOD thing. The game has already been showed and is in a playable form. games get pushed back ALL THE TIME. The game WILL come out, and if you backed it, do you not want it to be as good as it can possibly be?

If anything, Comcept knows that the quality of M9 will highly influence future kickstarter endeavors and so they need to make it as good as possible.

I feel like all the hand flailing and pitchfork waving regarding kickstarter is childish. The internet WANTS news, and when none is forthcoming, they create it.

Lucifer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@shindig said:

They were pretty confident the game was 'done' at E3. What happened, guys?

This just seems like a giant knee-jerk reaction to the failure of the Red Ash Kickstarter to me. I think Inafune realized that MM9 might not have been that great of a game, not bad, but certainly not something on the levels of Shovel Knight.

Basically, he overestimated his fans loyalty and started to fear lukewarm reception for MM9. Mega Man nostalgia can only carry the game so far.

Efesell

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Oh please. If the game is being pushed back, that's a GOOD thing. The game has already been showed and is in a playable form. games get pushed back ALL THE TIME. The game WILL come out, and if you backed it, do you not want it to be as good as it can possibly be?

If anything, Comcept knows that the quality of M9 will highly influence future kickstarter endeavors and so they need to make it as good as possible.

I feel like all the hand flailing and pitchfork waving regarding kickstarter is childish. The internet WANTS news, and when none is forthcoming, they create it.

I dunno man games that received a significant delay mere weeks from release indicate to me that something is on fire not that a few things just need to be given a once-over. The most optimistic scenario I can come up with if this is true would be that they discovered some things that needed polishing but don't want to push the game directly into the busiest part of the year where it would just be swallowed up completely. That scenario might be better for confidence in the game but kinda shitty for people waiting to play it.

So yeah while flailing hands and pitchforks might not be appropriate I'd say backers have more than enough cause to worry. Especially considering all of the other recent news from that company.

Avatar image for asilentprotagonist
    ASilentProtagonist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

This is why I never put my money in Kickstarters. Saw this coming from day 1 when I saw the MN9 kickstarter. Tim Schafer also another thief who reused levels, characters, areas and delayed that lazy project Broken age.

No Caption Provided

chaser324

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 chaser324  Moderator  Online

That is true, and in general I'll take delays in stride. The stuff that makes this particular delay concerning though (if it's true) is its timing and all of the other stuff that Comcept has going on at the moment surrounding the Red Ash Kickstarter.

doctordonkey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Comcept was a mistake, it's nothing but trash.

Avatar image for chronicthehedgehog
    ChronicTheHedgehog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@asilentprotagonist: This is super ignorant. You need to learn about the reality of game development, stop calling people thieves and lighten the hell up.

Wolfgame

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

this KS has been a trainwreck of drama, the community management on mn9 boards were actively banning backers for stupid reasons. I hope this game succeeds and makes mega man fans happy, they deserve it after putting up with a whole lot of bs.

SSully

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@asilentprotagonist: Call Tim Schafer a thief shows exactly the kind of high level delusion you are currently running with.

donutfever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 35

If it's from Brick and Mortor retailers, maybe the physical versions are delayed but the digital will release on time?

poobumbutt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

As someone who cares little for the project, I'm able to laugh cynically about this. I care less about how MN9 might not release on schedule and more about how this will affect Kickstarter's and game development in general's reputation among young ignorants.

"What the Hell, Capcomcept? We gave you the money, release the game! That's how simple game development is, right?"

Good luck to Inafune and his team. Hope this isn't a sign of rougher times ahead.

Avatar image for asilentprotagonist
    ASilentProtagonist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@ssully said:

@asilentprotagonist: Call Tim Schafer a thief shows exactly the kind of high level delusion you are currently running with.

Majority of the gaming community agrees. You are in some scary delusion if you think that all went towards the game....

Loading Video...

Efesell

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Did you really just fuckin' source DSP?

Avatar image for deactivated-601df795ee52f
    deactivated-601df795ee52f

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I feel like no matter how far the game is pushed back, the quality of the game won't really change. It's already not the spiritual successor people wanted it to be, a few months of polishing won't change that.

SSully

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@ssully said:

Majority of the gaming community agrees. You are in some scary delusion if you think that all went towards the game....

Loading Video...

I think you need to step outside of your weird bubble where youtube rants by a dude out of a Kevin Smith movie are considered a good source.

Avanzato

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Why on earth do people think that the Kamiya quote is some damning indictment of Inafune

I want a businessman running the project, to bring it in on time and in budget. The Doublefine adventure is what happens when creatives run the company.

I think the recent debacle shows Inafune isn't a businessman he's a chancer, a wheeler dealer, always on the lookout for the next one not concentrating on the current one.

pyrodactyl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@avanzato said:

Why on earth do people think that the Kamiya quote is some damning indictment of Inafune

I want a businessman running the project, to bring it in on time and in budget. The Doublefine adventure is what happens when creatives run the company.

I think the recent debacle shows Inafune isn't a businessman he's a chancer, a wheeler dealer, always on the lookout for the next one not concentrating on the current one.

1-The project didn't deliver on time and is likely delayed for a second time

2-I'd much rather have a well designed game than a game that can hit a deadline. MN9 doesn't look so good in the gameplay or visual department

Avatar image for deactivated-5a55abbb2b8a9
    deactivated-5a55abbb2b8a9

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Never expected to see DSP here. I literally laughed super hard and split my tea over the desk. If laughter is the best cure, then I must thank you.

turboman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 23

What if I were to tell you that all we need to do to make MN9 come out on time was to make sure that Red Ash met all of their goals on Kickstarter?

donutfever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 35

Is... is that the "This is how you DON'T play MGS" guy?

Avatar image for deactivated-5a55abbb2b8a9
    deactivated-5a55abbb2b8a9

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@donutfever: The one and only. To be honest though, if there is ANYTHING I admire about DSP, it would be his determination.

TheHT

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

#44  Edited By TheHT

@asilentprotagonist said:
    @ssully said:

lol no

mike

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: -1

User Lists: 6

#45  Edited By mike
    Avatar image for viciousbearmauling
    ViciousBearMauling

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Holy shit, what a source pull.

Regardless of how funny it is, we should remember that this is a Mighty No 9 thread and not a Broken Age thread.

Eder

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 43

#47  Edited By Eder

This is why I never put my money in Kickstarters. Saw this coming from day 1 when I saw the MN9 kickstarter. Tim Schafer also another thief who reused levels, characters, areas and delayed that lazy project Broken age.

No Caption Provided

THANK YOU! I've said this for a while now as well. So many other game creators that want to get funded and this guy goes and pulls this crap? Insulting.

Ry_Ry

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'd rather the game get delayed than come out on fire like Batman.

ShaggE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

More like Mighty No. Nein, amrite?

*straddles backwards chair, addresses audience*

But seriously folks, we've had some fun here tonight, and I'd like to close out the evening with a word about Tim Schafer conspiracy theories: Heh.

Thank you and good night.

Wolfgame

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@eder said:

No Caption Provided

THANK YOU! I've said this for a while now as well. So many other game creators that want to get funded and this guy goes and pulls this crap? Insulting.

A lot of players felt like Tim Schafer's handling on Spacebase Df-9 was inappropriate. It's evident in the steam page and game that progress was essentially abandoned on it and handed off to modders to salvage.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.