Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Mighty Switch Force!

Game » consists of 6 releases. Released Dec 22, 2011

The 3rd entry in WayForward's Mighty series, it follows a female cyber-cop as she tries to recapture escaped convicts in a puzzle-platformer for the 3DS.

Has anyone else picked this up?

MEATBALL

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 10

#1  Edited By MEATBALL

I purchased the game based on the Wayforward name alone, knowing at the very least I'd get some nice 2D out of it. I've only played the first handful of stages, but it seems pretty good. The main character's squeals seem like they could get annoying, though.

RE_Player1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By RE_Player1

Bought it but haven't played it yet, got hooked on Pushmo which I purchased at the same time.

TentPole

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By TentPole

I like it but it is super short. I kinda of don't know if it is worth the money, as cheap and good as it is. You can finish it in about an hour so be prepared for that.

AlmostApollo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#4  Edited By AlmostApollo

It's a really really good game while it lasts...

GunstarRed

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#5  Edited By GunstarRed

I have gotten to stage 14 of 16 in under two hours, The controls are great and it has a ton of personality in its art. I really like the way the music alternates between really electronic and bubblegum pop. Some of the time trial times are ridiculous, I beat like three of them and each time I had under two seconds to spare.

The 3D effect in the game is also really cool, it's probably the first time I have played a game where pushing the slider all the way to the top has made it look cooler. It has gotten me really interested in the other mighty dsi games, but they all seem mad expensive... even compared to this.

JJOR64

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 5

#6  Edited By JJOR64

Going to get it tomorrow most likely. The game looks neat.

DeF

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#7  Edited By DeF

NEED MORE MONEYZ! :(

Avatar image for gunslingerpanda
    GunslingerPanda

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#8  Edited By GunslingerPanda

Yes.

jacksukeru

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 22

#9  Edited By jacksukeru

Shantae was pretty good and pretty, pretty but I have yet to finish it. This reminds me a bit about Mega Man so I'm interested, how does it play?

GunstarRed

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#10  Edited By GunstarRed

@RockmanBionics: You can jump and shoot and stuff but there's no real focus on that. Its more about shifting platforms back and forth to get to higher areas to collect five or six criminal girls throughout the level. There's a ton of puzzles that require you to fire out of cannon blocks in a timed manner a bit like barrels or something in DKC, theres some blocks that stay locked when you're standing on them so you can mix up the pattern of the blocks around them. It's much more of a puzzle game than a platformer. Very cool, very pretty, sounds awesome is very, very, very short.

jacksukeru

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 22

#11  Edited By jacksukeru

@GunstarRed: Alright, thanks! I've made a note of it and might check it out next year. For games like this that are neat, but not something I'd spend dozens of hours on, I prefer them short anyway so its length doesn't really bother me.

vhold

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#12  Edited By vhold

It's designed to be played over and over for faster times, which I'm probably not going to do, but if that's your kind of thing this appears to be the game for it.

LassieME

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

#13  Edited By LassieME

Saw this 2 days ago or something. Thought about buying it but ended up buying the GB version of Tetris instead. Looked kinda cool tho, but hearing you guys talk about how short it is kinda bums me out. I really hope we're gonna get this kinda lineups for 3DSware in the future tho.

McBradders

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#14  Edited By McBradders

Grabbed it on a whim and am really enjoying it. Short or not, can't complain about the price.

Kordesh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By Kordesh

I was eyeballing it yesterday but reviews seemed pretty consistent that you could blow through it in about an hour, and it encouraged quick play making it go even faster in some cases. The soundtrack is pretty fantastic though, so I might get it anyway even if I only plan to run through it once. It's a shame, because it seems like it would be super easy to recommend if there was just a little bit more content.

MutenMiller

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

#16  Edited By MutenMiller

Bought it on a whim based on the Wayforward name and how great the screenshots made it look. It's a lot of fun, but super short like everyone else said. But for the money maybe it's worth it? Depends how much you value that much moolah!

vinsanityv22

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By vinsanityv22

Totally worth the money. I just wonder what's there after you hit the par for every stage, which seems like it'll take awhile to do. Some of that stuff is nuts. Considering you get the "Block buster" Shot just for beating the game, I'm assuming beating all the par times will unlock something. Would be nice if it were more levels or something, but it's probably not that severe.

Great game though. Especially for the price. It's crazy that Shantae cost $12 on DSiware, but Mighty Switch Force is only about $6 on the eShop. Definitely not going to complain about the price!

beard_of_zeus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 37

#18  Edited By beard_of_zeus

Like people are saying, it's awesome, but pretty short. The graphics, 3D, and music are all top-notch. It's only $6 though, so I didn't mind at all!  Trying to beat all the par times adds a bit of length; some of those times are no fucking joke. I have about 3/4 of the levels finished better than par so far, I'm hoping there's a cool unlock after finishing them all.

awadnin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#19  Edited By awadnin

Yep this game is a fun to play, but i have issue with enemies they should be robots not demons, because robots are more suitable.

TheLastOtaku

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By TheLastOtaku

I picked it up on Tuesday, but forgot to post about it until the Quick Look reminded me to. I love the music in the game, and the 3D is some of the best I have seen on a 3DS so far.

Hailinel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

User Lists: 28

#21  Edited By Hailinel

I bought it earlier tonight. It looks, plays, and sounds great. Definitely worth the money.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.