Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2

Game » consists of 22 releases. Released Nov 10, 2009

The sequel to 2007’s wildly successful first-person-shooter Call of Duty 4: Modern Warfare, Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2 continues the story of American and British soldiers fighting Russian ultra-nationalist forces.

Modern Warfare 3 announced at GDC?

Rhaknar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 12

#1  Edited By Rhaknar

a new teaser site with a countdown that ends at GDC seems to suggest MW3 will be announced soon, and will probably be released this holiday season. 

Im glad to be honest, as much flak as COD gets, I want to end that story, even if its not made by IW. Thoughts?

Find Makarov

wolf_blitzer85

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#2  Edited By wolf_blitzer85

Yeah I was actually kind of bummed with they way they ended MW2 and while I'm not the biggest fan of the multiplayer, I still do enjoy a crazy shooter with tons of explosions and people yelling army lingo that I can't understand.

Bollard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#3  Edited By Bollard

Not made by IW, not buying. (And yes I know it probably will be made by "Infinity Ward," but that ain't the dudes who made COD4, so NTY.)

Rhaknar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By Rhaknar
    @wolf_blitzer85 said:
    " Yeah I was actually kind of bummed with they way they ended MW2 and while I'm not the biggest fan of the multiplayer, I still do enjoy a crazy shooter with tons of explosions and people yelling army lingo that I can't understand. "
    as someone that never plays online multiplayer in shooters, I actually love the COD games (Iw or Treyarch ones), I find they are some of the most satisfying shooters out there, crazy stories or not. Which is why when people start blasting them i usually stand on the sidelines since I only play the 6 hours campaigns and then im done with them, i usually dont think im qualified to comment on them as most people are. I just know I like the campaigns :P
    4LOGPC

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#5  Edited By 4LOGPC

I really liked Black Ops, and hated MW2 

I think a new COD game from a new IW would be great!

Doctorchimp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#6  Edited By Doctorchimp

So it this the year Call of Duty becomes Guitar Hero World Tour? Since Guitar Hero is finally gone after taking the shit spot from Tony Hawk.

Rhaknar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By Rhaknar
    @Doctorchimp said:
    " So it this the year Call of Duty becomes Guitar Hero World Tour? Since Guitar Hero is finally gone after taking the shit spot from Tony Hawk. "
    who knows. We dont even know whos making MW3, probably not treyarch since they just did blops, who knows what the revamped IW can do.
    RedRoach

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#8  Edited By RedRoach

There's no question in my mind, green letters, the URL, and when the timer reaches zero the industry will be at GDC.

MW2 was a huge disappointment for me, had a ridiculous story that wasn't explained very well. And multiplayer was extremely unbalanced, the maps and killstreaks promoted camping way too much, i miss the old days when killstreak were rewards for doing well and not the ultimate goal for players. Too many random explosions etc etc. Also the crazy bugs that IW never fixed such as with some guns (I specifically remember a pistol and LMG) when you fired with a silencer you would still appear on the enemy radar. I could also do with less drug and sex references everywhere. Don't get me wrong I still had fun with the game, I just hope they tone down the craziness and balance the multiplayer a bit better.

I'm still looking forward to MW3, just a little cautious I guess.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.