MW2 is $20 at Toys R Us this week... is it worth it?

#1 Edited by mpdebo (82 posts) -

I don't play a lot of FPSs (do I need to add that "s"?) cause I am not that good at them. This being said, I am still thinking of picking up MW2 for $20. I know the new one comes out this week but I really don't feel I would play MW3 $60 worth.

My questions:

Is MW2 worth buying at this point?

Is multi-player a mess of hackers and not even worth playing at this point?

#2 Posted by HandsomeDead (11863 posts) -

Get it.

#3 Posted by Dany (7887 posts) -

huh, seems like a good deal. I might actually get it.

#4 Posted by BulletproofMonk (2725 posts) -

Sure.

#5 Posted by mpdebo (82 posts) -

@Dany:Now I will have another noob to play with :)

#6 Edited by Zacagawea (1600 posts) -

20 bucks is practically a steal, so yes defiantly get it. I don't know what platform you're playing it on but at least on Xbox everybody still playing isn't hacking. They also happen to be absolute trash at the game so this past week when I've been playing it's been fun, not a lot of noobtubers also which is a good thing. If you end up getting it on Xbox I'd be happy to run through the Spec Ops missions on Veteran with you if you want. Gotta get them cheevos.

#7 Posted by TaliciaDragonsong (8699 posts) -

Singeplayer is alright and the spec ops missions are a lot of fun to do solo or co op!

#8 Posted by AhmadMetallic (18954 posts) -

The singleplayer experience alone is worth 20$. The multiplayer, in my opinion, is a semen-bleached scumbag orgy.  
Damn I can be mean sometimes.

#9 Posted by MasturbatingestBear (1192 posts) -

@AhmadMetallic said:

The singleplayer experience alone is worth 20$. The multiplayer, in my opinion, is a semen-bleached scumbag orgy. Damn I can be mean sometimes.

And he means that as a compliment!

#10 Posted by ShiftyMagician (2131 posts) -

I didn't like the SP after finishing it myself however for $20 it's a very reasonable price to at least try it out if you have the cash handy. Multiplayer isn't that bad but depending on what you want in a shooter it can either be a consistent happy mess of shooting and kill streaking, or bored because of how much it feels like a mess in general. Again, for $20 why not try it out and see.

#11 Posted by MasturbatingestBear (1192 posts) -

If your willing to play through the campaign on regular and go out of your way for a couple of simple achievements you will end up with like 4 hundo easy. That's good to me.

#12 Posted by Tim_the_Corsair (3065 posts) -

Campaign was poor. The coop is fun, and the multi is alright but I dunno how active it'll remain with the new game coming out.

#13 Posted by MasturbatingestBear (1192 posts) -

@Tim_the_Corsair said:

Campaign was poor. The coop is fun, and the multi is alright but I dunno how active it'll remain with the new game coming out.

You liked the co op? It was insanely hard to me. All I could do was really just play with a friend of mine who was insanely good at it and perfected all missions and just kind of chill while he took care of it.

#14 Posted by thechronodarkness (294 posts) -

Unless you can live with buying it used... Amazon had MW2 for the 360 for 11.50, and ps3- 7.99. Typically charge about 3$ for shipping. Still, the recent COD games seem to go the nintendo pricing route, and take years for the msrp to realllyyy go down.

#15 Posted by JoeyIA (662 posts) -

MW2 is totally worth picking up. MW3 isn't going to kill it, people are still playing CoD4 and WaW. MajorNelson.com puts the top 10 most played Live games up once in a while and all 3 of those are usually on the list.

#16 Posted by MasturbatingestBear (1192 posts) -

Is Blops on the list too? Blops was baller as shit.

#17 Posted by JoeyIA (662 posts) -
#18 Posted by MasturbatingestBear (1192 posts) -

I think people forget how awesome Blops was. People be talkin shit. Blops had that diving to prone stuff which was badass.

#19 Posted by mpdebo (82 posts) -

Got it. Anyone who wants to play on the 360, send a friend request to MPDebo

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.