Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2

Game » consists of 22 releases. Released Nov 10, 2009

The sequel to 2007’s wildly successful first-person-shooter Call of Duty 4: Modern Warfare, Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2 continues the story of American and British soldiers fighting Russian ultra-nationalist forces.

Spawn points

dbz1995

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 2

#1  Edited By dbz1995

So, I've been playing a lot of Call of Duty Modern Warfare 2 lately-and it is awesome. Guns feels great, and its all very tense. However, there is one problem I have been having, and I'm not sure if it was the same in the original Call of Duty as I never owned the game and played it consistently, but the spawn points seem to be fairly bad. I kill a guy, and he spawn in the next 5 seconds and kills me-you know the spawn points are bad when you get the Revenge bonus a few moments after being killed.
     Do people agree with me, or have I just been lucky/unlucky?

Mrbiscuit101

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#2  Edited By Mrbiscuit101

yea, quite a few times i've seen on the killcam that they have respawned behind me right after i killed them

Baillie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#3  Edited By Baillie

You sure that's not a Tactical Insertion?

Griddler

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 15

#4  Edited By Griddler

I find myself killed more by getting spawned right in front of people and getting killed straight away.

dbz1995

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#5  Edited By dbz1995
    @Baillie said:
    " You sure that's not a Tactical Insertion? "
    Well I know when I spawn in pretty much the same place it isn't-not sure about them always.

If I do, they get shanked, bro, alie?
    Avatar image for deactivated-61665c8292280
    deactivated-61665c8292280

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

From what I've played, the spawn system is the thing in the multiplayer closest to being fuck-all broken.

withateethuh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#7  Edited By withateethuh

Its pretty similar to Modern Warfare 1 I believe, with the spawn points designated based on teammate locations and field of vision.

micaveli

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#8  Edited By micaveli

in my experience, spawning has been the same throughout all of the CoD titles...i don't remember CoD2 being so bad, but that was a long time ago.  MW2 spawning is GARBAGE, but with mapsizes as small as they are and everybody running around doing their own thing, i dont know if there is anything IW can do to fix that. 
    Butchio

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By Butchio
    @micaveli said:
    " in my experience, spawning has been the same throughout all of the CoD titles...i don't remember CoD2 being so bad, but that was a long time ago.  MW2 spawning is GARBAGE, but with mapsizes as small as they are and everybody running around doing their own thing, i dont know if there is anything IW can do to fix that.  "
    i agree
    Evilsbane

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 0

#10  Edited By Evilsbane

I really enjoy this game I just wanted to say that first but the spawn system is one of the worst POS systems put into a multiplayer game, its really really bad I cannot tell you how many times I have spawned to a facefull of Chopper gunner or spawning with an enemy behind me, Fuck I even feel bad when I spawn and there is an enemy right there not looking and I knife his ass I mean its good for me but its pretty shitty.

subject2change

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 5

#11  Edited By subject2change

Well it comes down to what mode you are playing, as well as the maps being relatively small and respawns often being instant. People go for "payback" kills all the time. Gotta make sure you move, or simply play HC Deathmatch or other modes like Demolition.

Trnck

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By Trnck

Highrise seems to has the worst spawn points.
    I've tried a few times going into the building on one side and all the enemies are spawning in front of me and I killed 8 guys within 30 secs and felt a little guilty about it.

fentonalpha

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By fentonalpha

It seems a little better than the spawn facing a wall looking up probs COD4 had (or spawning in your own airstrike).

But one thing that really ticks me off is the reload/knife motions after you spawn if you were doing that when killed.....especially if you have a light machine gun.....grrr i say....GRRRRRRR!!!!!

Avatar image for deactivated-61665c8292280
    deactivated-61665c8292280

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

@fentonalpha said:
    " It seems a little better than the spawn facing a wall looking up probs COD4 had (or spawning in your own airstrike).
    These still happen to me occasionally. The wall thing more than the airstrike, since I rarely get killed during an airstrike.
    lolgreg

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By lolgreg
    @girdz: Same here.  It's happened a ton of times where I'll spawn a few feet from the enemy, and boom I'm dead.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.