Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Monster Hunter 4 Ultimate

Game » consists of 6 releases. Released Feb 13, 2015

Monster Hunter 4 Ultimate is an expanded version of Monster Hunter 4.

Quest structure advice

FrodoBaggins

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

I recently started playing MH4G, my first real foray into the series, and I'm a little confused by the structure. I've finished all of the 2 star quests that were available from the lady in Val Harbour and now I'm not sure what I should be doing?

I've unlocked another village but it seems like it's for high level quests that arnt accessible to me yet. Should I be going to the guild hall and doing the quests from there? I went online for a brief time yesterday for the first time and joined two others to take down a Great Jaggi. I've already killed one of those by myself but it was much quicker with two other people wailing on it.

So, should I be in the guild hall? What's the difference between guild hall quests and ones from that lady? What are these expeditions? Thanks.

Avatar image for deactivated-64bc6edfbd9ee
    deactivated-64bc6edfbd9ee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

In MH4, the game takes you down the path. If you finished all 2*, then look for anyone with a yellow quote bubble over their head. That'll open up things further. If you're referring to unlocking Harth (which is the next city), then that's where you should be going since I think that's where 3* starts.

Guild hall is typically to do multiplayer, which is a different progression from solo (aka you'll still have to do the story).

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.