Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Moonbase Alpha

Game » consists of 1 releases. Released Jul 06, 2010

Sponsored by the National Aeronautics and Space Administration, Moonbase Alpha tasks players with repairing the life support systems of the titular settlement. The game encourages teamwork and efficiency while showcasing the latest in NASA technology.

This is now totally the scariest game ever.

FirePrince

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 1

#1  Edited By FirePrince

So, apparently Moonbase Alpha has just received an update with a game mode called Moonbase Madness, which features nonsense such as moon-skeleton-heads, creepy little girls, and more John Madden.

This initially started off as a game NASA launched in order to simulate how life would be on the moon, but only caught on because of the infamous text to speech. This update seems to accept the insanity that is Moonbase Alpha, and amplifies it. This seems odd, actually. Imagine if America's Army would suddenly have you shoot a legion of highly trained dinosaurs. Of if Arma 3 decided to shift focus and turn into a cake eating simulator.

This may not be as drastic, but It has caught my attention. What do you say about this madness? Why would a game with the NASA stamp on it ever do such a thing? Will you download the game and experience whatever the hell this is supposed to be?

ajamafalous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 9

#2  Edited By ajamafalous

johnmaddenjohnmaddenjohnmaddenjohnmadden

Yeah, seems super weird for what that game launched as.

OfficeGamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

what the hell did i just watch im really tpisy and this didnt help

FirePrince

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 1

#4  Edited By FirePrince

@officegamer:

Erm. Sorry. I guess.

I mean, the least I can do is confirm the fact that you are not actually on the moon, and neither is John Madden.

cbarnes86

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

What... the... fuck?!

I will be downloading this in the near future. Quick Looks need to be happening!

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.