Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Morality System

Concept »

Moral dilemmas presented to the player that often have a significant effect on the story or other characters.

Do you still believe in morality? What are morals, anyway?

Superchris129

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By Superchris129

A cultures morals change over time. Some issues that had been considered immoral in the past are now publicly accepted, and even praised.

For example, it was once considered immoral to stick your dick up another dudes asshole, but in modern society these activities are accepted, and even encouraged in some cases. On an unrelated note, is a love of others or self sacrifice still considered moral concepts?

Do morals still play a part in society? What is immoral nowadays, anyway? What morals do you believe in?

Avatar image for pissedoffthewitch
    pissedoffthewitch

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 23

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By pissedoffthewitch

That annoying voice in your head. Thats Morales.

CL60

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#3  Edited By CL60
    Superchris129 said:
    it was once considered immoral to stick your dick up another dudes asshole, but in modern society these activities are accepted
    Since when was this accepted in modern society?
    Avatar image for auspiciousqueue
    auspiciousqueue

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#4  Edited By auspiciousqueue

Morals come from the context that you view life and what we view as right and wrong. A lot of cultures will incorporate new ideas or discoveries into their concept of life, which brings shifting moral values.

As per your example, do you remember the Romans? But it is interesting to look at certain cultural taboos. 

Yes, morals do play a part, they are just pushed further and are different for most today. What is immoral today... I'm thinking murder, rape and such are. 

I have old school morals which could be considered pretty conservative, yet I am very open minded to others, but I make sure my 'code of conduct' is in high regard.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.