MKAK Patch

#1 Posted by Bestostero (2758 posts) -
#2 Posted by DarthOrange (3878 posts) -

Eh i think its a little too late.

#3 Posted by JJOR64 (19046 posts) -

Hopefully this will fix this.

#4 Posted by Bobby_The_Great (1011 posts) -

God finally, I've been wanting to play this online "properly" since August.

#5 Posted by Jack268 (3387 posts) -

So let me get this shit straight 

This arcade "Kollection" isn't arcade perfect? And is there even enough people playing this to warrant a patch? MK9 is pretty dead as far as tourneys go, and I can't imagine there being a huge following for this game either.

#6 Edited by mccarron (75 posts) -

The patch was released to Europe along with the game (they didn't have it yet). It makes online MUCH MUCH better but the sound of the game is still needing improvement (mostly because it's not emulating the old sound hardware). But online is very playable even across the world.

I put up a nice list of the patch changes over on TRMK if you are interested in seeing what we've noted so far.

http://www.trmk.org/forums/showthread.php/26186-TRMK-s-MKAK-1.02-Patch-Notes-and-Bugs-Thread

#7 Edited by Sooty (8082 posts) -

You know this collection is bad when the version I could play on my phone is more arcade perfect.

#8 Posted by mccarron (75 posts) -

@Sooty said:

You know this collection is bad when the version I could play on my phone is more arcade perfect.

If you mean the iPhone port? Yeah that's NO WHERE near arcade perfect. They created crappy looking 3D models of everything and rewrote everything for it from the physics, moves, etc. I can play a pixel perfect MK1 port on my iPhone/iPad with MAME but it is really slow.

MKAK's big problems were online play (fixed in the patch) and difference in sounds (not entirely fixed). They should have had online working right from Day 1, but they didn't and the game will suffer from it reputation wise. I wish they'd redo the sound too in the patch, it's better but not perfect especially in MK2 and MK1 (UMK3 sounds okay in most spots).

#9 Posted by Sooty (8082 posts) -

@mccarron said:

@Sooty said:

If you mean the iPhone port? Yeah that's NO WHERE near arcade perfect. They created crappy looking 3D models of everything and rewrote everything for it from the physics, moves, etc. I can play a pixel perfect MK1 port on my iPhone/iPad with MAME but it is really slow.

Oh no definitely not that abomination

#10 Posted by bibamatt (1089 posts) -

@mccarron: We definitely had this at the same time as the US in Europe. I bought it on day one (I can't even remember when that was! But it was the same day as the US).

I think it was only released the other week on PSN. Maybe that's what you're thinking of. 360 has had it in all it's not-working-glory for aaages.

#11 Posted by mccarron (75 posts) -

@bibamatt said:

@mccarron: We definitely had this at the same time as the US in Europe. I bought it on day one (I can't even remember when that was! But it was the same day as the US).

I think it was only released the other week on PSN. Maybe that's what you're thinking of. 360 has had it in all it's not-working-glory for aaages.

Yes sorry I meant for PSN, forgot to add that.

#12 Posted by bibamatt (1089 posts) -

@mccarron: Unlucky Euro PSNers.. :(

#13 Posted by mccarron (75 posts) -

It's live for Xbox owners now, should be up for PS3 users soon.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.