Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

NASCAR

Franchise »

The NASCAR license has been appearing in videogames for over 20 years.

Split Franchise?

RyanLigon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By RyanLigon

I'm thinking these titles should be split off between the simulation titles and the standard game titles.  I put in a submission to create a new 'Nascar Racing by Papyrus' franchise.  (under the first name I created 'datarez')

mikevanpwn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 3

#2  Edited By mikevanpwn

I disagree, first of all I dont think the realm of NASCAR racing is large enough to then have multiple branches.  I know you sim racing fans like to separate yourselves from the scurge of EA Sports, but a separate franchise would just be redundant.

RyanLigon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By RyanLigon

Well they're technically different franchises.  The Papyrus titles and EA titles; different developers and different publishers.  They would share a NASCAR concept if it was created.

Papyrus: Nascar Racing > Nascar Racing 2 > Nascar Racing 3 ... etc
    EA:  Nascar 98 > Nascar 99 ... etc

Not_Rage

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By Not_Rage

I agree, they should be separated as their completely different franchises. You wouldn't put Madden games and NFL 2K games in the same franchise.

MacGoesZoom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#5  Edited By MacGoesZoom

I think someone (Nascar heat team maybe?) should just make an ARCA game. I know it doesn't stand out as much as Nascar does, but you will still be able to give fans some good ol' fashioned stock car racing, and maybe give EA some competition? What do you guys think?

RyanLigon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By RyanLigon

There is ARCA Sim Racing released earlier this year on PC.  http://www.arcasimracing.com/  It's competition for stock car sim fans on PC only.  This is the newest stock car sim since EA's Nascar Sim Racing  and Papyrus's Nascar Racing 2003 before that.

My Submission to create a separate franchise got denied.  Odd but I guess the current mods aren't racing fans or really follow the two series closely.  Oh well.  Can try again after I have enough points.

mikevanpwn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By mikevanpwn

Really it got denied?   I was about to come post in this thread to ask what ever happened about that.  And I'm pretty sure there are very few racing fans on here.  Well NASCAR racing fans.  Its a small crowd.

Not_Rage

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By Not_Rage

Can't believe it got denied. Having a franchise just called "NASCAR" and putting every single NASCAR game in it, is like having a franchise called "NFL" and putting Madden, All-Pro Football and Techno Bowl in it.

RyanLigon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By RyanLigon

I tired to resubmit it with rewording and justification under this account and still denied. 

Not_Rage

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By Not_Rage

Theses are all different franchises and should not be all under the same franchise like it is now:
    -Nascar Thunder- by EA
    -Nascar Racing- by  Papyrus
    -Nascar Heat- by Monster Games
    -Others

The mods who denied it just don't seem to get it, maybe you should contact a staff member and explain...

mikevanpwn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By mikevanpwn

Well its hard to really specify the two series.  NASCAR Racing Series and NASCAR series.  It doesnt help that EA went from NASCAR to NASCAR Thunder to NASCAR Chase for the cup to NASCAR Total Team Control and then back to NASCAR.  Its hard to put a name on that franchise.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.