Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Need for Speed Rivals

Game » consists of 12 releases. Released Nov 15, 2013

A cross-gen open-world driving game set in a fictional Redview County.

[PS4] Disc drive noise with Need for Speed Rivals?

dawnclover

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By dawnclover

FIXED: This is was (hopefully) fixed by cleaning magical invisible dirt out of the "fresh out-of-the-box" blu-ray disc. I'll see in the next few days if it happens again. Hopefully not!

Anyone else have the PS4 drive make a loud noise when booting up Need for Speed Rivals? Here's what mine sounds like:

Video description: "My PS4 drive does this weird noise with Need for Speed Rivals. It only happens when I turn the console on or if I have the console on, when I insert the disc and start the game. Once the game is past that initial "load image" the noise stops and the game plays fluidly... Anyone else have this problem?"

As stated, it only happens when I boot the PS4 with the disc inside, or when booting the game. Once the loading image is done, the noise disappears never to be heard again (that is, until I take the disc out and put it back in again).

Is this "normal" for this game, or do I have a bad copy? No other games make this noise.

EDIT: I have a DVD movie that also does that noise. *sigh* hope it's not something wrong with my console. No other discs make that noise...

snaps

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#2  Edited By snaps

The first time I popped it in the disc spun then stopped over and over again while trying to read it. After I took it out and wiped the disc (even though it appeared clean) it never happened again. Haven't heard my console jet engine up like yours with any discs however.

dawnclover

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By dawnclover

@snaps: LOL! That worked, what the hell. There was no dirt whatsoever (hell it was fresh out-of-the-box). The DVD still makes a bit of noise though. Huh weird, I'll see what happens in the next few days. Hopefully that was it. Cheers :D

snaps

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#5  Edited By snaps

@dawnclover: Wow that is weird as hell. Maybe it's this disc specifically? Haven't tried any DVDs or Blu Ray movies yet so nothing to report on that end. If nothing else at least these things come with a year warranty so we can sit on our hands a bit more comfortably hoping it won't shit the bed.

dawnclover

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@snaps: Yeah, I am kinda "abusing" the console during these next few weekends (a.k.a. playing a lot lol) because if the console fails during these first 30 days, I can get a replacement instanteneously at the store if the problem wasn't caused by me of course. So yeah, so far, I've been playing most of the day with a few breaks in between, different games and discs, it hasn't been going too hot (same as the PS3 I'd say), no more noises when changing discs (excluding that one DVD - could be the disc's fault). So yeah, we'll see how it goes.

dawnclover

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Getting this problem again, and cleaning the disc is doing nothing this time. After the initial boot (the splash image) it stops doing it and works fine afterwards. I might take it to the store I bought it on monday so they can test it there and decide if they replace it or what. Anyone have the same problem?

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.