Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Need for Speed

Game » consists of 3 releases. Released Nov 03, 2015

Need for Speed attempts to reboot the franchise with a focus on nighttime street races, multiplayer action, police chases, and new ways for players to configure and tune their cars.

Tiny Cover-art is a PROBLEM!

Himuton

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

I'm a regular user of video game backlog websites such as Grouvee and Keep Track of My Games. These sites leverage on the Giant Bomb API. Games' cover-arts here affect those sites.

Someone with a lack of future-proof vision decided to upload a tiny cover-art for NFS2015. The best part is (sarcasm) you cannot even attempt to upload a new one. You can *try* to edit the Wiki Page but there's no option to mess with the cover-art.

This is one of the two devastating demerits of Giant Bomb. The other being "non-editable" game title. I've spoken out against "Modern Warfare 2" for missing "Call of Duty" in it but was denied through an email to change it.

retrometal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

1st world problems, amirite?

damodar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

I think you can edit things like cover art once you have amassed a certain number of points by contributing to the wiki.

As for it just being Modern Warfare 2, I'm pretty sure that's the official name of that game.

BeachThunder

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 30

Just added a higher resolution image. I think you need 1000+ wiki points to alter a game's cover image.

The Modern Warfare thing is something that I believe Jeff has addressed several times. Basically, the game was mainly marketed as being Modern Warfare 2 with the 'Call of Duty' part of the name de-emphasised.

Avatar image for deactivated-5f39c75856922
    deactivated-5f39c75856922

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

Wikipedia:

The original teaser trailer confirmed that the game's title of Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2 was officially shortened to just Modern Warfare 2. After photographs of the official retail boxes were posted by Robert Bowling, Activision confirmed that the standard-edition Modern Warfare 2 packaging would feature the Call of Duty brand logo in order to reflect the game's association with the Call of Duty franchise. It is speculated that the decision was influenced by findings that brand awareness for the game was significantly lower without the Call of Duty logo. However, the developers still prefer to simply call the game Modern Warfare 2 as they consider it a new IP The menus in the game also refer to the title as simply Modern Warfare 2.

imhungry

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 3

Not sure that you can count non-editable game titles as a demerit since if they were editable chaos would ensue with games like MW2 being edited back and forth by people with differing opinions such as yourself. Also, not entirely sure what you mean by cover-art but the threads to request fixes for any future similar cases you come across are this thread for box art, which I realise as I'm typing this is probably what you meant, and this thread for cover images. Happy editing.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.