Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

NeverDead

Game » consists of 4 releases. Released Jan 31, 2012

In this brutal action game from the creators of Alien vs. Predator, players become Bryce Boltsman, a demon hunter cursed with immortality five hundred years ago, who can survive being violently dismembered by his enemies as long as his head isn't swallowed whole.

GameInformer review of NeverDead

Avatar image for deactivated-63f899c29358e
    deactivated-63f899c29358e

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

Game Informer just reviewed it, and it isn't sounding too great, among the main criticisms of the game is:

Concept:
    You’re an undead badass who can rip off his own head and limbs. You must shoot and chop your way out of a demon apocalypse
    Graphics:
    It’s a good-looking game marred by a poor camera and technical issues
    Sound:
    Terrible voice acting, forgettable score, lots of explosions
    Playability:
    The game’s hook – the fact that your body flies apart after any heavy attack – makes combat frustrating and messy. The online co-op is decent, but limited to small set-up levels
    Entertainment:
    The main character is aggravating, the story clichéd, and the gameplay poorly designed and beset by technical issues
    Replay:
    Low 

Final score:

Source: http://www.gameinformer.com/games/neverdead/b/xbox360/archive/2012/01/31/neverdead-is-a-bloody-mess.aspx

Sorce
    jakob187

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 9

#2  Edited By jakob187

1. Sounds like a game that needs a Quick Look.

2. Sounds like a game that I still want to play.

Avatar image for willthemagicasian
    WilltheMagicAsian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#3  Edited By WilltheMagicAsian

Good CG, although the in-game stuff looks kind of low resolution, even for a console game. I'm also surprised they even found an online game because it was dead when I checked. I'm guessing they tried it out in-house. Other than that, this review is pretty accurate. I hope whoever is doing the quick-look brings up the multiple ear-shattering, feminine shrieks with a sharp staticy radio effect your partner makes when she gets downed.

sins_of_mosin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 27

User Lists: 7

#4  Edited By sins_of_mosin

Matches up with the IGN video review I watched last night. Thou, some of the games the reviewer talked smack about were ok games that were fun enough to play without any annoying flaws. So yeah, I will be skipping neverdead.

Cloudenvy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#5  Edited By Cloudenvy

Too bad that it didn't turn out well! not that I thought it ever looked any good.

ProfessorEss

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

#6  Edited By ProfessorEss

I've watched some gameplay videos of NeverDead. If the game plays like it looks like it plays, well... let's just say they were less than flattering.

napalm

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By napalm

The issue I find is the game does too much. For example, the concept of decapitation and dismemberment works, but then they throw enemies who can dismember you into pieces with one, quick, unavoidable hit. These same enemy types cannot be killed from your guns at a range, so you must use your sword up close. The same issue exists with the boss fights: they make it so you have to get up close to do damage, but they design the bosses so that in one swoop can break you apart and keep hammering you, so you end up getting caught in this endless cycle of not being able to get away, unable to regenerate on the spot because you keep getting hammered, and unable to really do anything.

The game has some cool ideas. Bryce's voice acting is great, and I think the music's great, too. The game tries to be too versatile, I think, and it does it to a point where it fails on most fronts.

dbol

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By dbol

kmg90

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 8

#9  Edited By kmg90

@dbol said:

2 questions, Has that gif been modified in any way?

If not what the hell is going on?

dbol

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By dbol

@kmg90:

The_Moose

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#11  Edited By The_Moose

Anybody want to collect some achievements on this game right now?

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.