Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

NHL 11

Game » consists of 6 releases. Released Sep 07, 2010

The 19th annual release of EA's successful NHL franchise introduces a Canadian Hockey League license and a new real-time physics engine.

What would you like to see EA add to NHL 11?

one_2nd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 4

#1  Edited By one_2nd

I'm big on EASHL so most of my fixes are about that, everyone add whatever you want, and what you think of mine. 

All around gameplay: Bring back the NHL 09 passing but make it easier to intercept passes. Make it so the goalie reacts differently each time there's a rush (ends glitching). Make it easier to score opposite corner (after NHL 09 they tried to take out the curve shot, and kinda killed the shooting) Make faceoffs less clean (it's so unrealistic). Make it so that user goalies can't just sit on the goal line and save everything. Add team brawls (but make them rare). Make it so the goalie actually gets knocked around. Make deflections take more skill, and occur more often. 

EASHL/OTP: I'd love to see a team practice mode added to club. Also make it so clubs can create their own jerseys. Make it so there's a "vote to skip" system during replays and intermissions. Make it so there's more customization on your player (there's only like 4 white guy faces, it's really dumb). Make it so the player equipment matches the team uniforms. Add a playoff system and different divisions (10,000 teams all competing against each other is pretty dumb, it was way better in NHL 09).  

Well there's definitely a lot I forgot so I'll add it in comments. Be sure to add what you guys think. 

one_2nd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2  Edited By one_2nd

Addition: Make it so the menus stop freezing my fucking xbox.

Fbomb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 2

#3  Edited By Fbomb

Headshots. Let's make things more realistic and add headshots that cause player injuries. Depending on your salary, and league status, you can get away with hitting people from behind into the boards at top speed and pretty much avoid any major suspension, or you can be a goon that gets suspended indefinitely every time you take out a star player. How many concussions did we have in the NHL last year to marquee players? Let's at least reflect that kind of thing in the game--call it the Scott Stevens mechanic.

DevWil

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

User Lists: 7

#4  Edited By DevWil

see my review of 10 :>

one_2nd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By one_2nd

Addition: add intentional offsides, for some reason they're not in NHL 10. 

hockeymask27

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#6  Edited By hockeymask27

Take out the fucking momentum. So many times as my team just thrown in the towel and become slow as hell in the 3rd. When in the first i was skating circles around my friend. All because he scored 2 quick ones at the end of the second. The second goal being a clear break away as his guy hits the nos button. Also tone up the hitting just abit more. Frustrating when i'm pronger hitting gomez and he bounces right off me.

one_2nd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By one_2nd
    @Hockeymask27: Idk what you mean about the momentum, but I completely understand the hitting. Also whenever your guy goes for a hip check it's an automatic hit, make it so you can miss hip checks.  
    addition: make it so you can make a hard pass, the passes are so slow in this game. 
    FrankCasavant

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By FrankCasavant

What i love to see in NHL 11 all the goalie masks,when you create a team 1.to have alternitive jersys and 2.your created team logos in the center ice circle in stead of the NHL logo
    FrankCasavant

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By FrankCasavant

What about having the 1980 USA team,goalie fights,goalie injurys' like mlb the show being able to record chants

pdiddy1047

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By pdiddy1047

I would like to see better goalie AI.  I feel it actually got worse in 10 from 09.  It seemed almost impossible to beat the goalie with a high wrist shot.  They also had the worst rebound control possible, the goalie could not hang on to the slowest moving low shot to save his life and they always kicked the puck away to the worst spot.  Now I know its difficult to make the perfect goalie but I definitely see that as a big opportunity in 11. 
    Additionally, I would love to see them rework the feel and controls of defenseman in the EASHL.   I like to play as the defense because I get bored playing forward, but your so handicapped.   Just clearing someone out from in front the the net is way more difficult than it should be and one-time passes often go right through you even if your in good position.  Those are a few of the changes I would like to see, maybe the new physics engine will help on some of these.

Avatar image for unsolvedparadox
    unsolvedparadox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 2

#11  Edited By unsolvedparadox

Less crazy dekes and the ability to upload highlights straight to YouTube/watch within the game, otherwise it's pretty much perfect.

one_2nd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By one_2nd
    @UnsolvedParadox: I think there are a lot of faults in the game. Also sorry to disappoint you but they are actually adding even more dekes. What dekes didn't you like? Because every deke in the game is done irl all the time. 
    one_2nd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By one_2nd
    @UnsolvedParadox: I think there are a lot of faults in the game. Also sorry to disappoint you but they are actually adding even more dekes. What dekes didn't you like? Because every deke in the game is done irl all the time. 
    Tasus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

#14  Edited By Tasus

Less Hockey.

Dizzyhippos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#15  Edited By Dizzyhippos

They dont need to improve the goalie AI so much as they need to give the goalie more animations

one_2nd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By one_2nd
    @Dizzyhippos: I think they should just make it so in each situation the goalie reacts differently each time, even slightly differently, just to get rid of glitches. 

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.