Now that 2011 is coming to a close I thought it would be interesting to see what 3DS owners think of the system and possibly what everyone is looking forward too. I don't want to ramble so I'll just break out my opinion on the 3DS after a month+ of having it in pros and cons:
- I think the eshop is pretty great. I got Pushmo, VVVVV and Mighty Switch Force so if these titles are a good indication of the quality of games on the service I'm pumped.
- I think Streetpass and Spotpass are neat.
- The overall feel and build quality of the system is great.
- People complain about the battery but I think it's just fine.
- Friends list is good.
- While I shouldn't be surprised the only retail games I'm looking forward too or have are first party Nintendo games. I'm hoping I see something that interests me that is third party.
- The camera is crap.
- I have never played a game in 3D for more than 2 minutes without feeling sick which is weird as I play some PS3 games and watch movies in 3D just fine.
Looking forward the only thing I want is more eshop and hopefully they release GBA games for purchase. I would gladly pay $10, no more, for some of the games I missed like the second Fire Emblem. The only retail game I'm looking forward too is Luigi's Mansion 2 and deep down I know it will be a novelty like the first one.