Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Nintendo 3DS

Platform »

The Nintendo 3DS is a portable game console produced by Nintendo. The handheld features stereoscopic 3D technology that doesn't require glasses. It was released in Japan on February 26, 2011 and in North America on March 27, 2011.

eShop Launch: 31st of May?

Contro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By Contro

Got this message when I logged into Club Nintendo:

Please review our new Privacy Policy by logging into your Club Nintendo account. Once you have read the information displayed upon logging in, please use the appropriate buttons to either ACCEPT or DECLINE this new Privacy Policy. 

Please note that if we haven't received your answer by 31st May, 2011, or if you choose to DECLINE our new Privacy Policy, you will from that day onwards no longer be able to use your Stars in the Stars Catalogue, as we will be forced to deactivate your Club Nintendo membership. No matter what you decide, you can still use your Stars and enjoy all the other benefits of Club Nintendo membership until 31st May, 2011.

Less than a month, what a cheek, It's almost like they want you to lose your stars. I think it's safe to say this has something to do with the 3DS eShop launch. When Nintendo said it would hit at the end of the month, they really meant it. What a bummer, but at least we know. 

If your'e a Club Nintendo UK member, make sure you accept the new terms a soon as possible, otherwise it could mean transferring DSiWare games is made more difficult, and you'll lose all your precious stars. With the Zelda Anniversary coming up, you can bet your arse Nintendo will have some cool memorabilia to put up on the Stars Catalogue soon.
    Avatar image for wintersnowblind
    WinterSnowblind

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#2  Edited By WinterSnowblind

Blah, let them deactivate my account.  All the good stuff only goes up on the Japanese or US catalogue and your stars now expire if they're just sitting on your account anyway, making collecting them nearly impossible.  Nintendo just don't release enough games frequently enough to make stars worthwhile and the few good bits and bops that do appear on our catalogue cost thousands.  It's a very poorly handled system, unless they're completely redoing it, I don't care what they do with my account.

Contro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By Contro
    @WinterSnowblind said:
    " Blah, let them deactivate my account.  All the good stuff only goes up on the Japanese or US catalogue and your stars now expire if they're just sitting on your account anyway, making collecting them nearly impossible.  Nintendo just don't release enough games frequently enough to make stars worthwhile and the few good bits and bops that do appear on our catalogue cost thousands.  It's a very poorly handled system, unless they're completely redoing it, I don't care what they do with my account. "

What are you talking about, it's the US store that gets crap in comparison to Europe and Japan.

What do you mean your stars expire?. I've had well over 40,000 stars and never had any of them expire. My number of stars also proves you're completely wrong again about collecting. I know many other fans who have ample stars collected from all the various ways you can -  retail games, third party launch games, questionnaires, and surveys for WiiWare & Virtual Console titles.

I've never had any problems with the system,
    Avatar image for wintersnowblind
    WinterSnowblind

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By WinterSnowblind
    @Contro: That's what I meant, the European Stars Catalogue is dreadful.  Decent content rarely goes up, and when it does, it's far more expensive than it is in the US or Japan.  As for the stars themselves:

The maximum number of Stars you can earn in total may be limited by Nintendo with a notice period of one week. This does not apply to Stars you have already earned at the moment of notice.

Stars expire 24 months after they have been earned, so unredeemed Stars which are older than 24 months will be deleted from your account.

Completing surveys only nets you 50 stars and  they aren't sent out very frequently.  Games themselves are around 250 and ONLY first party Nintendo titles, unless Nintendo publish it, you get nothing.  Considering the number of games they release, I really don't understand how you could rack up 40,000 stars within 24 months.
    Contro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By Contro
    @WinterSnowblind said:

" @Contro That's what I meant, the European Stars Catalogue is dreadful, decent content rarely goes up, and when it does, it's far more expensive than it is in the US or Japan.  As for the stars themselves:

The maximum number of Stars you can earn in total may be limited by Nintendo with a notice period of one week. This does not apply to Stars you have already earned at the moment of notice.

Stars expire 24 months after they have been earned, so unredeemed Stars which are older than 24 months will be deleted from your account.

Completing surveys only nets you 50 stars and games themselves with around 250 and ONLY first party Nintendo titles, unless Nintendo publish it, you get nothing.  Considering the number of games they release, I really don't understand how you could rack up 40,000 stars within 24 months.
    "
    I don't think you read my post properly, I said the US version gets crap. while Europe gets quality items that Japan gets. This rarely happens in the US because of higher costs involved. 

I've been a member since it started, never has any of my stars expired because I've always accepted new terms. It's unlikely that anyone would wait two years without spending a stars balance if they could -  expiry isn't something that should concern most customers.

Total Stars earned since registration 42395

Contro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By Contro

It would seem Jaleco are releasing these two, they both appear on a recent ESRB listing

Expect more listings in the coming weeks. Hopefully far better games, we were hoping for classics.
    Haziqonfire

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By Haziqonfire

Wouldn't be surprised if it launched at the end of the month.

Hailinel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

User Lists: 28

#8  Edited By Hailinel

Must be a Europe-only thing.  I haven't gotten any such notice when logged into my account.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.