Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Nintendo 3DS

Platform »

The Nintendo 3DS is a portable game console produced by Nintendo. The handheld features stereoscopic 3D technology that doesn't require glasses. It was released in Japan on February 26, 2011 and in North America on March 27, 2011.

Interested in handheld gaming again

richyhahn4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

So I haven't owned a Nintendo handheld since the GBA SP and I've recently been looking into buying some version of the 3DS, but I really don't know which version to get, I don't think the size of the console is a huge issue to me and I don't really see myself using the 3DS function often. I am mostly interested in playing Pokemon games over wifi and new Fire Emblem.

Should I buy a new 2DS or the new 3DS?

What are the risks in buying one used off of Amazon?(I also haven't really ever bought anything online and though maybe I would try that out too, cause the walmarts and gamestops here SUCK)

Should I just wait for a newer console at this point?

Is there anything else I should be asking?

just hoping for some thoughts, and I appreciate the input

Bollard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 12

The general consensus is news on the NX is coming soon, and that might also incorporate a handheld device. For that reason I'd recommend waiting to see what that turns out to be.

Otherwise my advice is to look at a New Nintendo 3DS (not the XL) since even though you said you won't use the 3D the 2DS is a child focused console that doesn't have as nice a finish as the real thing. Just turn the 3D off.

Jimmi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Go on Craigslist and find a used 3ds xl. You could get it cheap, probably with some games, and you can play the whole DS and 3ds catalogue (minus a very select few).

Tons of good games you missed and that's a cheap way to see them. I'm replaying fire emblem awakening right now and it's really really fun.

richyhahn4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I checked craigslist for my area and the cheapest anyone would sell one for is over $300, its also just not really a thing in Indiana...

I probably take the safe route and buy one new through Amazon, but I'm looking through Ebay now

ArbitraryWater

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 66

You don't need to get a New 3DS unless you really want to. It has some nice features and is noticeably faster, but you could probably get a used 3DS or XL for a decent price if you just want something to play a handful of games on.

Avatar image for washablemarkers
    washablemarkers

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

I picked up a 2DS for a song during Black Friday and really like it a lot. I'm one of those people who has a difficult time seeing 3D so I don't miss that functionality. The games are fairly inexpensive and there are certainly enough to hold you over until whatever next Nintendo platform is announced.

richyhahn4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Alright, I appreciate the input duders, I haven't bought a new console or much of anything in terms of electronics in several years and just trying to be careful about it.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.