Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Nintendo DS

Platform »

The Nintendo DS is a handheld featuring two screens, one of which is a resistive touchscreen. Four different models are available: the original DS, the DS Lite, the DSi, the DSi XL.

DS Lite portable speakers. How do these rate?

oldschool

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 10

#1  Edited By oldschool

This is how Blaze describe their speakers: 

High quality speakers with woofer effect. 
    Crystal clear sound with super bass. 
    No batteries required, powered by GBA slot. 
    Folding for easy storage and carrying.
     Price £12.99

Blaze Europe website    

Crystal clear sound booster for the DS Lite.
    Crystal clear sound booster for the DS Lite.

Of course, if you have a DSi, then these are not for you, but the DSi did get improved speakers I think. 

Does anyone actually use external speakers for their DS anyway?  would these tempt you to try?   

On a rare occasion I have in fact connected my DS to my television sound system, with a decent sub-woofer, to give me some serious bass, but that was only for Jam Sessions and Guitar Hero - not very practical  :-) 

So, what do you think?
    oldschool

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2  Edited By oldschool
    @SuperMooseman said:

" Why would anyone need to use external speakers? It's not as if you need to project the DS' sound far and wide as it's portable. "

I agree.  If I am in a public area, I either use headphones or turn the sound off.  No-one needs to hear the repeating sounds of Pokemon music  :-) 

Plus, I think I would find it to be a real nuisance with the extra bulk.  Clearly there are some people who think it is a good idea otherwise we wouldn't have these.
    Marzy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 2

#3  Edited By Marzy

Occasionally, I've plugged my DS into some better external speakers for Elite Beat Agents and the Ouendan games, but I usually just use the regular DS speakers or headphones. If I'm using it in the public I always turn the speakers fully down as well.

I'm not too interested in those Blaze speakers, I would have thought they'd run the battery down faster too.

oldschool

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By oldschool
    @Marzy said:
    " Occasionally, I've plugged my DS into some better external speakers for Elite Beat Agents and the Ouendan games, but I usually just use the regular DS speakers or headphones. If I'm using it in the public I always turn the speakers fully down as well.  I'm not too interested in those Blaze speakers, I would have thought they'd run the battery down faster too. "
    Yeah, only music games, and at home, are worth using them for.  Even then, you would just use your own, real and more powerful speakers.  Maybe people think they are a good ideaand buy them, but I doubt anyone continues to use them.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.