Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Nintendo

Company »

Nintendo was founded in Kyoto, Japan in 1889 as a manufacturer of hanafuda playing cards. The company went through several small niche businesses before becoming a video game company.

Nintendo is officially shutting down Miiverse in November 2017.

Naoiko

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 2

Nintendo has put out a post on there official Japanese support site announcing the closure of Miiverse. After data-miners found stuff suggesting that Nintendo would in fact be shutting it down this doesn't really come as a surprise.

Link to the official post.

A translation of some of the text that I got from the Nintendo Life website: Link to the post from Nintendo Life (Note they used google translate so...yeah.)

We are pleased to announce the launch of "Miiverse (Miverse)", a service that connects customers all over the world through games, launched on Wii U on December 8, 2012, on November 8, 2017 (Wednesday) I will end with it.

"Miiverse" service end date and time

Wednesday, November 8, 2017 15:00 (Japan time)

I am sorry for the customer who used it regularly, thank you kindly acknowledge it.

In addition, with the end of the service, you can download the service of your own post (* 1) you can download to "Miiverse"

We will offer for a limited time at the web version "Miiverse". Details will be announced within "Miiverse".

Thank you very much for your patronage over the long term.

Avatar image for deactivated-5f8907c9ada33
    deactivated-5f8907c9ada33

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 1

It's kind of sad it's coming to an end. I actually really enjoyed Miiverse. However, I imagine it was really resource heavy for Nintendo to maintain, so it's probably for the best. In any case, we can remember some of the great posts on Miiverse.

No Caption Provided
    No Caption Provided

soulcake

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

FUCK'EM !

Loading Video...

Tom_omb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 14

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.