Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

No Man's Sky

Game » consists of 7 releases. Released Aug 09, 2016

A procedurally generated space exploration game from Hello Games, the creators of Joe Danger.

Deleting a Save on PC?

GorillaSalad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

Does anyone know how to get rid of the save file on PC? My little brother decided to start playing on my account instead of his and I'd like to start fresh.

Wemibelle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 76

User Lists: 11

#2  Edited By Wemibelle

@gorillasalad: I don't know this for sure, but most Steam games with cloud saves use the same location for storing save files. Try going to Program Files/Steam/userdata/YOUR UNIQUE STEAM ID/275850 and deleting the contents of that folder (if it's there). Again, unsure if this is the save location but odds are pretty good that's where it is.

You also will have to delete the files as the game is booting or with your PC offline, as Steam will otherwise download a fresh copy of the saves and ruin your attempt.

frytup

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#3  Edited By frytup

You can't delete saves in-game?

Sigh. PC port looking worse and worse.

Wemibelle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 76

User Lists: 11

#4  Edited By Wemibelle

@frytup said:

You can't delete saves in-game?

Sigh. PC port looking worse and worse.

I'm not sure if you can delete the save in-game or not; I don't own the game, so I just offered a solution that should work regardless.

However, there are a shocking number of PC games that don't allow you to delete saves in-game. I wouldn't really hold that against this game--especially considering all the other problems.

Bane

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

%userprofile%\AppData\Roaming\HelloGames\NMS\DefaultUser

I'm not sure which files are considered the save files, but when I deleted everything in the DefaultUser folder I was able to start over.

GorillaSalad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

@frytup: You can't in the PS4 version either, but it has an easier work around.

Tryptophan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

Also go to Program Files (x86)/Steam/userdata/open that folder/then you have to figure out which of those folders is NMS (275850 for example) Then delete/or rename(less permanent) the remotecache.vdf.

Not sure if this is 100% necessary, but it doesn't mess anything up either.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.