Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Norseman Games

Company »

Norseman Games is the current owner and developer of the long-running MMORPG The Realm.

INCOMPETENT

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Marix

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Norseman Games bought my favorite game, The Realm, years ago. And since then, it's done nothing but go downhill. I've read testimony after testimony about accounts being charged double, payments continuing to be deducted after revoking membership, no customer support response to email inquiries...And now, the server for the game has been down for over a week and Norseman has been completely silent. They're more than happy to continue taking money from their customers, but they're completely incompetent and not even slightly motivated to diagnose the underlying issue that the game is unplayable and has remained so for at least the past ten days.

Giantbomb, if there is ANY WAY WHATSOEVER that you can reach out and contact the people who run Noreseman games, please tell them that their customers have HAD IT. We want our game back! If you aren't going to run it with even a shred of dignity, at least sell it to one of the handful of players who have OFFERED TO PURCHASE THE SERVER FROM YOU. We've been a community for decades, and Norseman is destroying everything we value about online MMORPG entertainment. Something needs to be done about this!

DanishingAct

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

New here huh?

MikeLemmer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 54

User Lists: 2

#4  Edited By MikeLemmer

Uh... if the community themselves can't contact them, what makes you think we have connections you don't? GiantBomb isn't even an MMO-focused site.

glots

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By glots

I guess Rorie wasn't joking when he said that he gets/used to get emails from people , who think that Giantbomb is a troubleshooting website that'll help you with every video game related problem you might have.

I mean, it sure would be nice if they could help you, but that really isn't their job. Unless you're referring to the community here and not the actual Giantbomb staff, but I wouldn't count on anyone here being able to help with this problem either.

Avatar image for deactivated-5b85a38d6c493
    deactivated-5b85a38d6c493

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

The Realm is still running? Isn't it like the first graphical MMO or something like it? I'm sorry to hear it's not doing well.

OurSin_360

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Never heard of this game but reading the wiki it came out imln 1995? They gave you over 20 years with your favorite game, what is there to complain about???

paulmako

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By paulmako

@oursin_360 said:

Never heard of this game but reading the wiki it came out imln 1995? They gave you over 20 years with your favorite game, what is there to complain about???

Quite a lot, it turns out. I'd never heard of this game before but it seems like whoever owns it now is almost impossible to get hold of. There seem to have been several instances of the servers going down or not letting people log in correctly with absolutely zero communication from whoever is running it. There also seems to have been some family and business drama among the new owners. Whatever it is, they are still taking people's money. And the people who are still playing have the right to complain when it's unclear if the game they are paying for has been shut down without warning.

I don't think there is a time cut off point for legitimate complaints with a live product. If Netflix ever gets to 20 and suddenly starts having week long server outages with zero communication or explanation, you can't say to the subscribers 'Well you really enjoyed Stranger Things seasons 1-4 over the years so you can't complain now'.

LawGamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

A cursory search of Michigan corporate records indicates that Norseman isn't even in good standing, meaning they haven't paid their annual filing fee. In fact, they haven't for six years. So I think if you're expecting some sort of response, you're probably barking up the wrong tree as it were.

I suppose if you really wanted to fuck with them off you could file in Michigan to create another company called Norseman Games, LLC. They aren't in good standing, so if I've read the statute correctly, it looks like the name could be yours for the low, low price of $50 plus whatever time you spend filling out the paper work.

As far as getting in contact with them. Sure, everyone here will get right on that. Hold please . . .

Loading Video...

mike

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: -1

User Lists: 6

#11  Edited By mike

Calling on the community to do this sort of thing is not cool. This is a community edited wiki page, Giant Bomb has no affiliation whatsoever with this company.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.