Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Oculus Rift

Accessory »

The Oculus Rift is a virtual reality headset for the PC released in March 2016.

Oculus Rift Lowers Minimum Requirements

Avatar image for deactivated-5c15a9c63664d
    deactivated-5c15a9c63664d

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

So with the PSVR being ..... inconsistent, I think it's interesting that this is happening so soon. Apparently the new requirements are:

• NVIDIA GTX 960 or greater
    • Intel i3-6100 / AMD FX4350 or greater
    • 8GB+ RAM
    • Compatible HDMI 1.3 video output
    • 1x USB 3.0, 2x USB 2.0 ports
    • Windows 8 or newer

So now many more people can use it and maybe even modest laptops can run it too. Thoughts?

Source

audioBusting

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 26

The way they do it sounds really impressive if it really works that well (ie. running it at half the framerate and then interpolating the rest).

hugh_jazz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

So I guess they're not lowering requirements but adding minimum requirements. I don't think they ever had minimum previously, just recommended. As far as that stuff goes I'll be glad to be rid of the banner saying my computer is unsupported.

My GTX 960 has been running Oculus stuff just fine, so it'll be interesting to see if this will allow it to push out more detailed frames while still seeming smooth. I have a hard time imagining it'll make anything worse, but I guess it might be unnoticable, so I'll be interested in seeing how games look in this.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.