Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Pac-Man Championship Edition DX

Game » consists of 8 releases. Released Nov 16, 2010

Create a long-winding train of ghosts and eat 'em for large combos in this frantic sequel to Pac-Man Championship Edition.

Ghost Combo

MacEG

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By MacEG

Does anyone know how these people are getting some 200+ ghost combos? I keep noticing that the sleeping ghosts just pop after I have 30+ in my train and it doesn't seem to add them to the train. Anyone else boggled?

FrankWeidner

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 1

#2  Edited By FrankWeidner
    @MacEG said:
    " Does anyone know how these people are getting some 200+ ghost combos? I keep noticing that the sleeping ghosts just pop after I have 30+ in my train and it doesn't seem to add them to the train. Anyone else boggled? "
    Okay, it ain't easy, but here's what you need to do. Collect your first ghost chain, and grab the first power pellet that appears a few boards in. Now, this may sound counterintuitive, but do not eat your ghost train. Instead, continue clearing boards,  and keep your power-up by eating sleepy-ghosts with power pellets inside them. As a last resort, start munching on the chain, but only to get you enough time to hit the other side of the maze and keep your combo going. With some practice, you should be hitting higher and higher combos.
    Vextroid

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#3  Edited By Vextroid

it gets capped at 30 and any additional sleeping ghosts you wake just disappear. 

i guess Gilberts tip should work.  
    kitsunezeta

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#4  Edited By kitsunezeta

The power-pellet ghosts are -just- frequent enough to sustain a descent combo on them without a train if your timing is excellent, but to get the large combos, you will need to be dragging quite a few power pellet ghosts in tow

EXTRASHINY

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By EXTRASHINY

I was 8th place for Ghost combo on Champ II not at tenth and all you have to do Is follow the Dots path to the letter and eat all the power pellet ghost you come by.
    Its dead simple honestly there is only ONE path to take for the high scores with tiny adjustments at least for Champ II the only board I play alot.

NekuSakuraba

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#6  Edited By NekuSakuraba

This made the game tedious.

EXTRASHINY

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By EXTRASHINY

This dead thread being revived reminded me I haven't played Pac Man CE DX since I got 8 in that leaderboard.

I just checked and am now 53rd :(  oh well, it's to be expected, I have no plans of playing that again anytime soon.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.