Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Pathfinder Adventures

Game » consists of 4 releases. Released Apr 26, 2016

Adaptation of the Pathfinder Adventure Card Game from Obsidian Entertainment.

This thing came out! What do people think?

Zalrus9

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

So This game, which I have been waiting for for ages, is finally out, for Ipads and Android devices. I like it a lot! I've played the physical game before, and it was easier to figure out things, but I feel it might not be intuitive to any person.

It's also free to play, BUT you can get everything for about 24 bucks. Considering that the physical version (one starter, 5 expansions) is closer to 150, that is a stone cold value!

Also, Austin mentioned it on the Beastcast, and I hope we get a quick look. It is made by Obsidian, after all!

Anyway, what do you all think?

asmo917

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 12

Been playing a lot the last few days. I really like it, even though I've gotten my ass absolutely handed to me on the Lair of the Black Fang scenario that ends the first adventure. I was so close on this last run too: closed all but two of the locations and knew the villain was the top card at one. I'm so, so salty right now.

Zalrus9

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@asmo917: Yeah, the game can be a bit swingy. Although, that's very true with most solo or cooperative games, as that's the way to make things difficult. At the very least, I do like that you can grind the cards that you get even if you fail a mission, so there is some sense of progression.

Also, as of the time me writing this, it would appear that the quests are broken on ios. They are going to fix it soon, I hope.

eddiephlash

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I dig it a lot. Definitely captures the board game in a great way. I've not gotten quests to work either, but there seems to be plenty of content.

audioBusting

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 26

I've never played it before, but it seems alright. Some of the UI is borderline broken on my Android phone though. Drag-and-dropping two party members took me maybe 5 minutes to complete. I don't think I will play until they fix some of those issues.

Avatar image for fear_the_booboo
    Fear_the_Booboo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

I'd love to play this but don't have any tablets. It doesn't seem to be out on iPhones. Any word on a PC version?

Avatar image for theegravedigger
    TheeGravedigger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#7  Edited By TheeGravedigger

From what I've heard, the best choice for playing it on Windows is to use an android emulator like Andy and then download it from the play store.

Apparently it works well that way.

I'm playing it a fair amount on my phone. Despite the odd issues where it either won't let you pick something up or won't let you drop something.

towolie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By towolie

downloading right now! thanks for making me aware because it looks like fun.

2HeadedNinja

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

I played the card-game a whole bunch. It's a good adaptation of the game but there are some usability issues with it I think. I'm sure they will figure it out.

EdgeKasey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I like it quite a bit, once i figured out all the systems....

Also, I think the quests are broken on Android as well.

Zalrus9

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By Zalrus9

So the lovely folks at Obsidian have fixed the quest mode issue, but it might take a while for it to go through certification. In the meantime, I'm going to play a different party on a harder difficulty! What characters have people been liking?

sammo21

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 18

User Lists: 45

#12  Edited By sammo21

I think it is bad, but mostly because they've ramped up the difficulty to such an extent that they want you to waste your time for HOURS ON END or just get tired of it and pay them $25 for the entire adventure or other characters. . I play the physical version of this...I own all the copies (got most of them for free) and I used to be a "Venture Lieutenant" for Pathfinder Society and do the tabletop and this in organized fashion. The physical version is not as cheap or overtly hard as this digital version is.

I'm also shocked that it too them as long as it did to get this out to the public. Also hope that Paizo's deal with Obsidian goes beyond just this game as many of us were hoping for Pillars of Eternity style games in the Pathfinder universe (which has really great lore).

Zelyre

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

@sammo21: I was wondering if it was just me. I have two of the big box versions and all the expansions for this module. I beat the physical version of this game, but struggled with the digital one. Even though I plunked down cash for the entire adventure and characters right off the bat, after a few nights, I just gave up.

sammo21

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 18

User Lists: 45

@zelyre: Honestly, if you straight up purchased the characters and modules that came in the base set you'd probably pay about $20-30 MORE than it would cost you for the physical version of this game and the difficulty would still be there. I was seriously shocked that it was this gross in terms of the free to play implementation. After this and the HORRIBLEPathfinder MMO I am just about to give up that a cool video game will come from Pathfinder.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.