Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

PAX Australia 2014

Concept »

The second annual PAX Australia was held October 31-November 2, 2014 at the Melbourne Convention & Exhibition Centre in Melbourne, Victoria.

What are the chances of GB at PAX AUS?

Avatar image for adequatelyprepared
    AdequatelyPrepared

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

I know I've asked this before, but figured I'd just try one more time to see if anyone knows anything at all.

I am fully aware that chances are incredibly low, especially considering the money that would have to go into just bringing everyone to an island in the middle of nowhere, but for all I know I could be surprised.
    Just after watching the excellent E3 coverage this year, it'd just be so great if I had a chance of seeing the guys in real life.

That being said, does anyone also know if it's worth going to PAX AUS regardless of GB showing up or not? It's not that expensive for me, as I live right outside Melbourne.

cubepunk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

Well, Giant Bomb was supposed to have a panel at last year's event, but ended up being cancelled for completely understandable reasons. I'd love to see some of the guys make it down this year though, it'd be a hell of a good time. Plus, we all probably have some unsettled beef that could finally be put to rest once and for all.

Besides that, PAX is absolutely worth going to. I had a 3 day pass last year and had a blast. There was heaps of cool stuff to see and play, the bands at night were awesome, and there was just a great community feeling to the whole thing. The indie stuff in particular was a highlight. Do yourself a favour and go!

Avatar image for adequatelyprepared
    AdequatelyPrepared

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@cubepunk:

3 day passes are out, but fortunately both Friday and Sunday passes are in. Very strongly tempted to go for it, thanks for the response.

sweep

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 14

#4 sweep  Moderator

Slim to none, I'd imagine. Shit is expensive :/

IzunaDrop

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Is there a meet up thread yet? I've got my 3 day coming back over from Perth. Last year was a great night. Where's Hellerphant at?

AutumnShade1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

#6  Edited By AutumnShade1

Maybe they could just send 2 guys down to cover the event like they did with the Iceland trip i.e. Drew or Vinny to film it + another.

gutterkisser

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

@izunadrop: I haven't committed to a PAX pass yet, but last year's GB meet up was the highlight of the trip. If any of the crew committed to coming to Aus I'd be back in a heartbeat, but I'd love to drink whiskey with local duders either way.

Where IS the elusive Hellerphant?

Crembaw

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Anything is possible, but I would temper your expectations. Flights to Australia from the US and vice-versa are expensive, and only get more expensive the more people/stuff you try to ship over.

ninnanuam

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

It's possible jeff and Ryan were supposed to come last year. I think a few of the bros would be guaranteed if it was at a different time of the year. But being November end of the year with so many games coming out I dunno if anyone could spare the time.

fram

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

I'd be happy if they just sent Drew with a GoPro strapped to himself filming at all times.

jondan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

@fram said:

I'd be happy if they just sent Drew with a GoPro strapped to himself filming at all times.

This would be pretty great, both before and after some editing. Like the roller coaster videos.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.