Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

PAX West 2016

Concept »

The thirteenth PAX West (formerly known as PAX Prime) took place September 2-5, 2016 at the Washington State Convention Center in Seattle, Washington.

I got 2 Saturday Pax Prime tickets!

big_jon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 18

#1  Edited By big_jon

Me and my girlfriend are going, I'm very excited, it's been 3 years since I've gone and I have been unable to get a ticket from the actual site since 2011.

Anyways, does anyone know?

Does the giantbomb panel still generally happen on Saturdays? does anyone know if they do Saturday night generally at every Pax?

cleetose

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By cleetose

I've been to the last two PAX Primes and according to the time stamps on the photos I took, the panel was on Saturday both times. Though the PAX organizers may be responsible for setting the schedule so I don't know if it's guaranteed to be on Saturday this year or not.

Devil240Z

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

I've never been cause of how difficult it is to get tickets. I actually get super depressed during pax cause I know I should be there.

ripelivejam

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

"the thirteenth pax"

i'm gonna die soon

jazzylament

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

Yeah, last year it was on Saturday. Although, I doooooon't think you needed a badge to get into their panel....? I know definitely for their own event last year, you could go in without a PAX Badge, though if you were a subscriber to the site you got "VIP" and early registration. Something like that. Hopefully it stays the same way since this year I had to get my pass through conventional means and baaaarely scraped by with a 2 Monday passes.

If you don't need a PAX Badge for Giant Bomb stuff, I might make the three hour drive to Seattle from Vancouver on two separate days...and call it a vacation and just keep telling myself that I have earned this madness.

kidzombie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

For East their panel was on Friday. In the past it has been on Saturdays, but thing could change.

big_jon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 18

@devil240z: I totally understand, last couple years have been like that for me. That said there are options, pax pass exange on reddit, Craig's list, and the big one is people are totally flipping passes for near cost out front all the time. When I went in 2013, I used Craig's list, got 2 tickets, then to get the rest of the passes me and my friends needed we had no issue finding someone within 10 minutes selling them at cost. Even the passes we grabbed on Craigslist were at cost.

You can probably find a way into pax! And the closer to the end of the day the scalpers are just trying to get rid of thier passes for the current day because they have so many and want to get rid of them. It's the same guys both years I was there, just bring cash and be ready to haggle them down.

fenster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#8  Edited By fenster

Last year me and a friend wanted to go and were not able to get tickets when they want on sale -- we were able to buy off of reddit pass exchange surprisingly easily for face value. Guy who sold them was very nice and just had two friends who couldn't end up making it. This year I was lucky enough to get into queue within a minute of them going up and got tickets.

GB panel will probably be Saturday. The little event they held in that comedy club last year was super awesome and I really hope they do it again. They had kind of a mini-panel Thursday night which I enjoyed more than anything else, plus they did Mario Party Party live which was a blast. Free drinks and food didn't hurt. :D

eddiephlash

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

It was easy to get tix to South for next year. It will be my first PAX, and I am super excited!

Cybexx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

GB Panel is usually Saturday. Their panel is so crazy big at this point that the PAX organizers should really move it to the main stage. Beastcast recording was Friday morning at the comedy club last year.

Hopefully they do something similar to the comedy club again. I've managed to miss Rorie's call for people to come to the meet and greet both times, so 2014 I couldn't meet any of the guys till after the panel but the 2nd year the private limited meet and greet was only for people to show up to the comedy club early. I was able to stand in line and get in on the Thursday night. Hope they can do something similar this year. There was a bunch of indie devs there from the PAX Indie Megabooth with games so there was a bunch of stuff to play too. It was easily the easiest way to play Below.

DrDarkStryfe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

@cybexx: It is already in one of the larger rooms. Main Theater is usually not a possibility because Giant Bomb happens late when there it usually a music act setting up or playing.

Cybexx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

@drdarkstryfe: Yeah that is true. They want the last spot of the day so they can go over time. Main Stage is about twice the space though. I just kind of want to see them take over Benaroya Hall.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.