Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

PC

Platform »

The PC (Personal Computer) is a highly configurable and upgradable gaming platform that, among home systems, sports the widest variety of control methods, largest library of games, and cutting edge graphics and sound capabilities.

Help - cleaned pc now game runs extremely slow

johnystyles

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Hello.

So just a few hours ago i noticed that my fan was making lots of noise whilst i was playing black desert, so i decided to clean the dust filter and look inside the PC. I took apart the PC case but didnt do anything and just put it back together and now when i tried to run black desert, i get 8-10 fps instead of the usual 60.

This PC is fairly new, i only bought it 1/2 months ago.

TuxedoCruise

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2  Edited By TuxedoCruise

You probably knocked something loose. Remove the side of the case and re-seat your RAM sticks, video card, and any other PCI-E connections. Push in any SATA cables going into the motherboard and drives. Push in any fan headers for the CPU fan and case fans. Then push down all the power supply cables going into any drives, the motherboard, fans, and the video card. If your power supply is modular, push in on all the cables going into it.

hmoney001

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

make sure everything is still seated nice and tight.

make sure the power cables are connected to the graphics card.

mike

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: -1

User Lists: 6

Did you do something like plug your monitor cable into the motherboard instead of the GPU by mistake?

Berserk007

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

did you do said repair with the power off and plug removed?

Dave_Tacitus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

@mike said:

Did you do something like plug your monitor cable into the motherboard instead of the GPU by mistake?

I'll second this. A friend bought a pre-built gaming PC a while back and plugged his monitor cable into the onboard graphics port, then wondered why performance was so bad. It's an easy mistake top make if you're not used to PC gaming/building.

johnystyles

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Thank you very much. I actually did plug the monitor cable into the wrong port xD.

thank you for all the responses

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.