Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Persona 4 Arena

Game » consists of 9 releases. Released Aug 07, 2012

Persona 4 Arena is an Arc System Works-developed fighting game with an Atlus-developed story mode that serves as the official sequel to both Persona 3 and Persona 4.

I need Yosuke advice!

Carnage1290

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 14

#1  Edited By Carnage1290

I am having huge problems fighting any character that stays super aggressive, especially if they stick me in a corner. Super aggressive Chie's and heavy zoning Yukiko's kill me every time. I try to dash/air dash/dash spring-ing in, but usually get immediately rebuffed. And if they get me in a corner and just non-stop attack, the recover from the autocombo is so fast and Yosuke's normal's either not having amazing range, or requiring a small delay as Jiraiya comes out--usually meaning he gets hit, and I get persona broke--that I never feel confident countering after I block all their attacks. Plus it feels like every other character's attacks get priority over Yosuke's so if we attack at the same time they always get the advantage, especially Labyrs. And if I try to use my invincible to get out, which for Yosuke is his dodge, even if I do it right and they fall to the ground, I get a moment's reprieve before they're back up and attacking again.

I am loving this game online right now (easily my favorite fighting game ever at this point, just so much fun) and could use some advice, help me out Yosuke players! Or anyone else.

Avatar image for deactivated-5e49e9175da37
    deactivated-5e49e9175da37

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'd say if you expect an immediate attack on wakeup, do his furious followed by a super jump. Super jumping is really key in P4A. And yeah, definitely not Jiraiya, he's more of a mid-long range thing. I don't know a lot about Yukes or Labs, I do know you'll want to block high during her basic string (ends with two overheads). Another option might be his AOA, I don't know what the timing on the super armor is though.

YI_Orange

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 0

#3  Edited By YI_Orange

@Carnage1290: I main Yosuke and am currently C with a positive win ratio. Moonsaults trip most people up, as does mirage slash, especially if you mix the two together. For people smart enough to not just get super rushdowned, doing some kunai, and jiraiya play until you get an opening I find is the best way to go. If you catch someone in your furious, attack low as they get up. It always gets them. You can try using that small window to use Tentarafoo, but I haven't tried that yet. I don't have many problems with Yukiko or Labrys, but a chie that gets me in a cornern is bad news. Corners also seem to fuck with my moonsaults, so I tend to want to just stay out of them. Hope this helps some!

Carnage1290

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By Carnage1290

@YI_Orange: That's not a bad idea, I think I definitely need to start employing more just normal moonsaults, only time I really use them is during the Sukukaja auto-combo (the most fun part of playing Yosuke, I've gotten amazing comeback wins with that skill). The mixup does seem really important to playing Yosuke well. I usually find that my best option against most opponents is just to be moving around constantly so they never know when I'm going to hit. I always try to save my Burst to get out of a bad corner situation, but lately I've been way too impatient and just sort of Burst before thinking about it, so better timing on that will also help. Just need to keep practicing like always.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.