Website glitch or inevitable console announcement?

#1 Edited by SmasheControllers (2551 posts) -

When the American website for P4G went up 360/Kinect and PS3/PSN were at the bottom of the page next to the Vita and ESRB logos. Do you think this was just a glitch on their part, which is what they've claimed, or do you think the game will eventually show up on 360 and PS3?

#2 Posted by AlisterCat (5635 posts) -

Maybe it was just a piece of copy taken from somewhere else for another game and they forgot to edit it down.

#3 Posted by SmasheControllers (2551 posts) -

@AlisterCat: Probably, but I desperately want this game on the consoles

#4 Posted by ValiantGrizzly (498 posts) -

This would mean I wouldn't have to buy a Vita, which is only good news.

#5 Posted by AndrewB (7669 posts) -

I can hope, because it would be nice for the game to come to a console I own so I can actually play it, but I think it will at least be Vita exclusive for a long while.

The Vita needs something, right?

#6 Posted by Pepsiman (2485 posts) -

I wasn't aware this was still a thing. Atlus went on record saying it was just a botched copy-paste job and, indeed, if you check the site, the text in question has been removed. It happens with their sites on occasion. Nothing else to see here.

#7 Posted by scarace360 (4828 posts) -

@Pepsiman said:

I wasn't aware this was still a thing. Atlus went on record saying it was just a botched copy-paste job and, indeed, if you check the site, the text in question has been removed. It happens with their sites on occasion. Nothing else to see here.

Awww was hoping for a console version. Whatever just means i have a real reason to play my vita now.

#8 Posted by SmasheControllers (2551 posts) -

@Pepsiman said:

Why you gotta ruin the fun? Yeah I knew the said they mess up the copy and paste, but what if they didn't and they were hinting at a console release?

#9 Posted by punisherkaos (277 posts) -

@SmasheControllers: As much as i would love for them to do this i sincerely doubt that is the case

#10 Posted by Pepsiman (2485 posts) -

@SmasheControllers: Just stating the facts. We'd have known by now through Atlus Japan if they were actually going to do a console port. Atlus USA, being the subsidiary, doesn't preemptively announce any details related to its own franchise to English-speaking audiences before the parent company is ready.

#11 Posted by juice8367 (443 posts) -

I remember there being a story @ joystick or kutaku about it being a copy & paste issue. It's supposed to just be a vita exclusive

#12 Posted by TooWalrus (13237 posts) -

It being a botched copy & paste job sounds legitimate, it could've come from Catherine or P4 Arena or something.

#13 Edited by MikkaQ (10318 posts) -

Too bad, I don't really feel like getting a Vita. But I guess I'll have to, really wanna see what kind of treatment it got after the superb Persona 3 Portable port.

#14 Posted by Commisar123 (1796 posts) -

@Pepsiman said:

Yeah I was going to say I thought that this got debunked a long time ago. Glad to know finals haven't driven me totally insane.......yet.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.