Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Persona Q: Shadow of the Labyrinth

Game » consists of 5 releases. Released Jun 05, 2014

A dungeon crawler-RPG with chibi-versions of characters from both Persona 3 and Persona 4 for the Nintendo 3DS. It is directed by Etrian Odyssey IV director, Daisuke Kanada.

Any chance of a Vita release?

Jesus_Phish

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By Jesus_Phish

I've seen that Nintendo are publishing this in some regions but that Atlus are handling it in others. Does anyone with more information/knowledge about Persona have an idea if this could see a release on the Vita or should I just go buy one of those new 3DS's when they come out?

Joe423

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 4

I'd say that it'll remain a 3ds exclusive, Nintendo is helping out and wouldn't want it on another system if they do.

sodapop7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I feel like the process to convert from 3DS to Vita would be pretty tedious. No knowledge about it just a hunch. Are there other games that have been ported?

I wouldn't count on it regardless, I assume Nintendo would want to lock that up on it's mobile platform.

forteexe21

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Thatll mean that they will have to port the Etrian Odyssey engine to the Vita as that series only came out for DS/3DS

Zeik

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Atlus doesn't do multiplatform releases very often and I don't see a siginificant financial benefit to porting it to the Vita, given the amount of extra effort that would be required. I'm pretty confident that it will stay 3DS exclusive forever.

Corevi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By Corevi

The way the Etrian Odyssey series works, specifically the mapping mechanic, means it only makes sense on a system with 2 screens.

Justin258

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

User Lists: 8

@corevi said:

The way the Etrian Odyssey series works, specifically the mapping mechanic, means it only makes sense on a system with 2 screens.

I can think of some ways that Etrian Odyssey's mapping could work on the Vita but all of them are kinda clunky compared to the 3DS version.

Shin Megami Tensei IV would probably be a better fit on the Vita, but I doubt that one will happen either.

FrostyRyan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'm gonna say a huge No to that. Etrian and PQ heavily rely on drawing maps with the stylus. You can't pinpoint like that with your finger on the Vita's screen.

BisonHero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 2

It doesn't seem like Atlus has the resources to do multiplatform development, unless that is a stated goal from the very beginning (Catherine was always going to be a multiplatform release, because they wanted to familiarize themselves with the consoles so they could also make P5 a multiplatform release, though in typical Atlus fashion this process has taken them like 6+ years).

The only time they've done "multiplatform" releases besides that is when they port old-ass Saturn/PS1/PS2 games to newer platforms (Persona 3 and 4, SMT: Devil Summoner: Soul Hackers, etc.), but it seems like that's about the best you can expect. Persona 3 and 4 ports make sense because those games have a fairly large cult following, but the Soul Hackers port was fucking bizarre. Anyway, the weird spinoffs like Persona Q and the dancing game on the Vita seem like side projects that Atlus probably knows won't be huge moneymakers, so I can't imagine them bothering to port those games to other systems.

If you want to play Persona Q, you should probably buy a (new) 3DS.

Jesus_Phish

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Thanks for the responses guys. Looks like I'll be looking at a 3DS sometime next year.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.