Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Picross 3D: Round 2

Game » consists of 7 releases. Released Oct 01, 2015

A block-breaking logic puzzler that builds on its predecessor by adding curved and angled surfaces to its three-dimensional puzzles.

Is this a sequel or an expanded version of the first game? How is it to new players?

Forcen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 31

I heard Dan mentioning that you should play the first game before this, is it really that bad? I kind of expected the game to include the puzzles from the old game.

Does it include the old puzzles and if not does it have some easy stuff to ease you back in if you didn't play the first one that much?

briguyd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

I never played the first game, but I don't think it includes the puzzles from it. I also had zero trouble getting into this one. The tutorials are pretty good (though definitely a bit too verbose), though I have played a bunch of 2D picross games before.

alistercat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 27

#3  Edited By alistercat

It does not have the original puzzles. The first game had a linear difficulty curve where you played a set of easy puzzles, then a set of normal puzzles etc. This game has a difficulty setting which changes the information displayed on the same puzzle to make it easier or more difficult. This at least means puzzles aren't of fixed difficulty forcing you to replay them over and over until you can move on, you can just change the difficulty to complete it.

meteora3255

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 2

#4  Edited By meteora3255

@forcen: I would probably recommend playing the first game as well just to wrap your head around the puzzles, plus it's a great game on its own. The major gameplay change in this game is that you not only have to find which cubes to keep but they can be 1 of 2 colors. It definitely helps if you already have a pretty good idea of how the puzzles work because the game definitely hits the ground running with that stuff.

Forcen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 31

Ok, sounds good. Will probably get it when it arrives in europe, I kind of want to purchase the old one until then though..

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.