Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Pinball

Platform »

In a pinball machine the player is in control of two or more "flippers" (small movable bars) that are used to shoot a metal ball against different physical targets inside the machine.

Sterns next pin...Avatar

Jared

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 1

#1  Edited By Jared

Well, a lot of people in the pinball community thought Sterns next pin would have been Tron but it turns out to be Avatar.  To be honest I'm a bit worried about this one, ever since Big Buck Hunter was released Sterns machines have been becoming more basic and have an overall cheaper feel to it. Iron Man was Sterns last pin and while the early impressions were good the people who played the game frequently said it lacked depth and that's one thing a lot of home collectors want. Below is a press release from Stern. 

http://www.sternpinball.com/Community/Blogs/news/avatar-pinball-this-august.aspx

No Caption Provided

Kaibun

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 4

#2  Edited By Kaibun

Awww, goddamnit. Looks like we're not getting a Watchmen game after all...

Jared

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 1

#3  Edited By Jared
    @Kaibun:  A Watchmen pin would be awesome, Stern could do some great stuff with that license.

Oh, here's some video of the new Avatar pin, I must say I'm not impressed. I don't understand why Stern continues to add video clips to their games instead of using custom dot matrix animations found on older machines. I'm sure its the cost but in my opinion it really takes away from the game, the dot matrix animations on my LOTR machine are great and some pretty funny, if those same scenes were replaced by the real clips from the movie it would just be dull. I won't bash the game to much before I have an opportunity to play it but based on the video it look's very basic and cheap, sadly Gary Stern wants to continue making machines with that mindset. 

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SYUFlLIEYCA
    T0mF5

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#4  Edited By T0mF5

I would pay so much for a Scott Pilgrim pinball machine.

Korone

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#5  Edited By Korone

what the hell is that giant thing

Korone

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#6  Edited By Korone

and here i thought the original ps3 was a large console

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.